Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?

Article about: Hi mates, I bought some helmets a few days ago, including this one here, which I would like to ask you about for a closer look. I'm just going to put some pictures of the helmet and the line

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Right now it´s painted Dark Green !

Do You mean, the liner is overpainted ?
    IMHO, don´t seem´s so ...
    Occupied Berlin, 1945-1990 Allied Forces (US, British, French, Soviet)

Here are pictures from the sale which I may use (after consultation with the seller).

The, IMHO, "unusual" green finish of the liner is clearly visible.
    GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?

Reibert,

Very nice early 6th Infantry liner. The green paint is correct for the early Battle Group Days during the Pentomic era. I can't recall when the Berlin Bde helmet liners changed to black but this is correct for the 60's.

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    ... The green paint is correct for the early Battle Group Days during the Pentomic era. I can't recall when the Berlin Bde helmet liners changed to black but this is correct for the 60's.
    Pentomic - Wikipedia

https://www.files.ethz.ch/isn/139661...ntomic_Era.pdf

Today I took a closer look at the helmet and found some stamps on the liner and on the webbing.
    GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?GI issued helmet of the 50´s / 60´s "good", or "bad" ?

Hi Ro,

I saw the pictures of your Berlin Brigade helmet liner from a few years back on this forum. I am just putting the finishing touches to a book on the US forces in Berlin, and with your permission, I would like to use a couple of images in the book, the side shot of the liner showing the Berlin Brigade crest, and a close up of the crest? For some reason I can't attach them here. I'd like to use them to illustrate a section on the heraldry of the Berlin Brigade. I'm happy to credit you in the book if you let me have your full name. If you want to see my work, and the other books that I've published, see Cold War Historian | Andrew Long Books.

Many thanks,

Andrew Long

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2