Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Helmet M1951 - Police of Baden-Württemberg

Article about: Hello, Like all other West German states, Baden-Württemberg introduced the steel helmet modeled on the M40 with a simplified inner lining for its police force in 1951. There are some varian

Hello

Here another somewhat rarer version of the M1951 helmet, here in the version for the Baden Württemberg police.

It has no decal, but is painted in the typical color of the Baden Württemberg police. Possibly he was overworked and comes from a former city police.

It is probably a simplified version from the manufacturer Linnemann & Schnetzer with a simple punched ventilation hole.

The interior and the chinstrap do not reveal anything special.

Regards

I don't know how you find/found such awesome mint looking Helmets but fair play to you sleepwalker.your threads that you have posted on so many variants of these are mouth dropping and an incredible insight into post war Germany.fantastic Helmet indeed.
    P.S your photography is amazing the images are so good.

?

Helmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-Württemberg

I believe I also have one of these helmets. Thanks very much for the informative posts. The decal on mine has sadly been scratched off. It is a nice large,adjustable size, to go up to a 62cms! The shell size is 66. Sorry for the photo quality. It appears to be the same green in colour and the decal is to the rear of the air vent.
    I'd love a suitable chin strap for this. Any pointers?

Fantastic helmets! I had one once as the local disposals stores here stocked them in the late 90's early 00's for good prices, most of them the decals were deliberately scratched out! the one I had 80% of it left. I really regretfully traded it off a long time ago!!

Makes me a little bit sad seeing these, but cheers for showing!

Another "Württemberger" , maker, (this time): Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke AG, Schwerte/Ruhr

Size of the shell: 66
    Size of the liner: 57-61
    Helmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-Württemberg

The pot under flashlight:
    Helmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-WürttembergHelmet M1951 - Police of Baden-Württemberg
    It seems, the policeman used pomade, (hair grease), in the line of duty ...

what year do you estimate they mfg the Baden Wurttemberger helmets? my decal was removed and only had a small piece thats how I was able to identify who used it

the helmets look almost new , like they were made much later than the 1950s

Quote by battle gear View Post
    what year do you estimate they mfg the Baden Wurttemberger helmets? my decal was removed and only had a small piece thats how I was able to identify who used it

the helmets look almost new , like they were made much later than the 1950s

Hi there,

that is a very vague question.

Which helmet are you referring to exactly?

The earliest helmets were issued from 1951 and the last in the late 1980's to early 1990's. The last ones include the VDN shells.

Regards

Im referring to the Baden Wurtemberger helmet in post 4 with no maker markings and dark green glossy paint , my helmet matches that helmet , same liner with extra perforations, exept my decal was removed and only had a trace of the original decal left

do you have any idea what year period was this helmet made? thanks

Hello,

the helmet from #4 has the same shell as the Berlin Police M1951.

Helmet M1951 - Police of Berlin

I mainly know this form of ventilation openings from there.

These helmets were purchased until the late 1950's / early 1960's.

The helmet could also have been revised and repainted in the 1970s.
    The police in Baden Württemberg probably had quite large stocks of helmets and also took over the helmets of smaller city police forces, which were integrated into the state police force, up until the 1970s.
    Maybe the helmet is from one of those city police or they may even come from Berlin stocks after the 1953 model without ventilation holes (manufactured from 1959) was introduced in the early 1960s there.

Regards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast