Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Helmet M1951 - Police of Baden-Württemberg

Article about: Hello, Like all other West German states, Baden-Württemberg introduced the steel helmet modeled on the M40 with a simplified inner lining for its police force in 1951. There are some varian

Fast mein Lieber! :-)

If you want to compare the shape of the helmets, you have to photograph them from exactly the same perspective and in the same position.
    You would also have to leave a little more distance between the helmet and the camera when taking pictures.

If you hold the helmets in your hands or compare them on the shelf, you will see the difference. But if you can only compare the helmets in pictures, the pictures must be good.

In the helmets I showed you can see that the helmet with the splints has a very strong front area.

Helmet M1951 - Police of Baden-Württemberg

I would be interested to know if your helmet is the same.
    It is so defuse, that you can finde helmet with these very unique air holes from two manufacture (VDN and L&S).

Kind regards
    Basti

p.s. My first helmet is market L&S 66. The second helmet is unmarked but shell size is 66.

The ventilation holes of the two helmets I last showed differ a little, although both helmets are made by the same manufacturer.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The ventilation holes of the two helmets I last showed differ a little, although both helmets are made by the same manufacturer.
    I know! And that was the reason why I ask for more pictures. Have a look at my two helmets. The same air holes like on your helmets.

The air holes of your helmet in size 66 are very unique and I know these also from the manufacture VDN. And this is the important point, what I try to understand. Quist, Lindemann & Schnetzer and Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke Schwerte produced helmets für the Police and Border guards. And normally you can see from the helmet shell or other details wich helmets was made by one of these manufacturers.

But there is one model (like your LS66 or my 2nd shown helmet) which is identical. The same air holes (and I think the same helmet shell shape) from L&S and VDN. And that is crazy!!!

I hope you now what I mean and I try to find out.

Thx. a lot, Bud !

Hello,

the problem is that M51 and M53 under the m51 theme are mixed here.

The gray-green color on the M51 is the earliest color. Based on the uniform color. In later revisions, it was mostly covered.

The color of the M53 is the "police green" that was used from the mid-1970s.

Here are Baden Württemberger M53. They were from VDN and LS.
    In comparison you can see the different ventilation holes and different positions:

Helmet M1953 - Police of Baden-Württemberg

Regards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4