Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Helmets and Camo covers

Article about: Dusted off a few helmets recently and thought i would start a thread showing a few of my Groupings and will add more as time goes on and seeing as my favorite collecting genre is the cold wa

Can’t get to them all at the moment but will answer what I can from memory for starters....

German one.....Yep 828.....
    Question re US camo is almost certainly about the experimental “Urban Tracks” pattern...not adopted...
    Israel PASGT.....it’s got an Israeli label on the inside
    Irish 303....still not overly common...I missed out on a “Paddyflage” desert cover for it...too expensive...but there were only about 12 (covers) of them made!!
    Singapore C2 [I think!]..they’re not US PASGTs....and they’ve both got printed camo on the shell underneath the scrim......and they’re tiny.....always wanted one of these ever since I saw the b&w photo in Paolo’s book.
    Swedish.....I’m not too sure if the cover is harder to find than the Helmet....There was another liner version which I’m pretty sure is on CompoSite....I think Greg’s got it

Thanks for the feedback.......

....they’ll be other W&P shows.......

Grandson and Grandad German snow camo ,and no the wife hasn't just defrosted the freezer old pics taken just after christmasHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo covers

Thanks Ade for the extra info regarding your lids ,Urban tracks ,very nice and always great to see an uncommon pattern ,never realised an arid variation was available in the Irish PF but then you did say they are rare ,I'm sure I've seen the singapore scrim on ebay ,from a US seller if i recall ,was tempted but seems daft without the helmet to complete the look ,I'm guessing the printed camo underneath makes it look like the very early pasgt prototypes and to the layman like me easily confused I have the earlier swedish helm and cover a net and material sided combo ,must find a pic of it and add here
    And yes your right there will be other shows ,besides i need to raise some conkers before i make any new big purchases

Re Singapore....looks like I was out by one.....C1...not C2

see Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets SINGAPORE, SINGAPOREAN helmet, Kevlar helmet

...you can always (usually) rely on CompoSite!! :-)

James...here's one specially for you......

it's not technically a cover....it's a piece of cut camo cloth held in place by a camo pattern net...and from the edging of the helmet (inside) it LOOKS like it's been on there a while.......never known if it's right or not but it all came from Portugal so I guess that's a good start....does it look familiar? :-)

Are they copying 'guese covers yet?

Helmets and Camo covers

Very nice m40/63 Ade ,you have a knack of posting up helmets i don't yet own but certainly wet my collectors appetite ,love the camo netting lizard section cover ,most likely field made i reckon .Is it a herring bone twill material section ,My Portuguese netting has a two tone camo appearance too but more subtle than yours ,Thanks for posting up

Here is my only German compo for comparison Helmets and Camo covers

Getting an Israeli lid would be cool.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks...at least 2 of them came directly out of Israel...I think the postage was more than the Helmets themselves!

Here is my Irish pairing Ade ,the old Vickers and orlite 85 Helmets and Camo covers

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast