Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

helmets in use by the Egyptian military

Article about: the desert camo covers on the first photo with the Egyptian soldiers lined up behind a armored personnel carrier looks almost like the French Desert camo pattern they wore during Desert Sto

Quote by James C View Post
    again battle gear many thanks for sharing these pictures ,amazing to think these old bgs helmets still in modern use
    Thanks James C

the helmets used by the Egyptians look similiar to my post war West German M40 / M52 BGS / Police helmet

and some may be the later type without rivets or vent holes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets in use by the Egyptian military  
    Last edited by battle gear; 01-31-2015 at 10:07 PM.

I think these could be special helmets made for export? notice the Egyptian Republican Guard on the right has leather paratrooper type chin straps as used on the West German Model 1A1 / M61 Paratrooper helmet?

the Egyptian Government probably had a special contract for these helmets from West Germany
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets in use by the Egyptian military  

Thumbs up

very interesting battle gear these helmets look to have extra liner placement fixings too

?

Superb thread BG with more information on the West German helmets , fascinating use of other countries combat helmets in use in the middle east

An Egyptian soldier stands guard in front of the presidential palace during a protest by members of the Muslim Brotherhood and supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi in Cairo Aug. 30. 2013.

The Egyptian soldier has a French Desert camo helmet cover on his eastern european / com bloc steel helmet, looks like the same patten French forces used in the Gulf War 1991 era.

great referance picture battlegear showing what is a mixture of uniforms .the tri colour camo helmet does look very reminicent of the Opération daquet f1's

Default French M78 / F1 with Desert camo cover

here's my French M78 / F1 for comparison, notice the color looks very similiar? and may even be French mfg covers used by the Egyptian soldier, it even has the seam on the side the same as the Egyptian soldier's cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets in use by the Egyptian military   helmets in use by the Egyptian military  

helmets in use by the Egyptian military  

nice cover battlegear ,whats the date on yours mate ,i think mine is 1990 ,great profile and camo comparison between the two ,i reckon your on the money with this one

Quote by James C View Post
    nice cover battlegear ,whats the date on yours mate ,i think mine is 1990 ,great profile and camo comparison between the two ,i reckon your on the money with this one
    I think my cover was also dated 1990?

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I think these could be special helmets made for export? notice the Egyptian Republican Guard on the right has leather paratrooper type chin straps as used on the West German Model 1A1 / M61 Paratrooper helmet?

the Egyptian Government probably had a special contract for these helmets from West Germany
    stumbled on this thread a bit late, but in case anyone interested... these helmets are repainted DIN 14940 fire helmets. Chinstrap of later examples has similarities with BW FJ helmets. Note the screws, 2 rear screws, "salt shaker" vents and easily damaged paint in some photos. Honour guard of the Republican Guard used them as parade helmets in the 70s-early 80s before discontinued helmets. They were later recycled by anti-riot units of the Republican Guard, badge removed and repainted different shades of green.

Honour guard use in 1981. Appear to be grey or grey-green with gold eagle badge.
    https://media.gettyimages.com/id/725...wJjokt9vvRmcw=

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2G70BGW/hu...uk-2G70BGW.jpg

Have not seen evidence of M53 in Egyptian service. Some WW2 shells were fitted with Mk.II liners in 50s for auxiliary police, which could cause the confusion, because also attach with a central dome screw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3