Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openings

Article about: I guess based on stamps a variant of the M53 helmet without ventilation openings was made from 1959 onwards. This eliminated another weak point in the helmet. The ventilation of the head was

Superb posts SW and as always very informative so thank you for sharing ,my only example is this textured finish M53 ,the maker is LS " Linneman & Schnetzer" and a shell size 66 and a design which hails back to an earlier time in German history Helmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openings
    Regards James

Yes, Bundesgrenzschutz helmets are definitely worth collecting and I probably already have more than 20 of these helmets of various designs lying around somewhere.

Unfortunately, my BGS helmets are not in such a good, almost excellent, state of preservation as the helmets that colleague Sleepwalker keeps showing us here.

My helmets are mostly heavily worn and sweaty helmets, which more than clearly show and document months and years of drill service and service in forests and meadows.

Unfortunately, BGS helmets are now being "converted” into "original" Wehrmacht helmets, also misused for reenacting.
    It's a shame that more and more remaining Federal Border Guard helmets are being destroyed ! ...

This helmet was definitely worn by the Grenzjäger on many days in wind and weather.

Helmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openingsHelmets of the West-German "Bundesgrenzschutz" - "Federal Border Guard " - M 1953 - Part 4 - New production without ventilation openings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2