Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

IDF beret, identification please !

Article about: Hi, mates ! Annoyed from this ads?   Don´t know, if I´m right here ? ... Bought this, israeli, beret today. Any informations regarding the unit ? It´s a pretty small size ! Maybe for fe

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Black armoured corps beret from the 1970's with the early type Infantry badge which seems to have been on it for a long time.

I think the beret is a French made private purchase type popular at the time.
    I did some more research and found out that the IDF southern command special forces para engineers unit (now disbanded) called Sayeret Shaked wore the black para beret with infantry badge.

The red badge badge backing shows the wearer has seen combat.

Background & History of Israel's Special Forces Units

Israeli special forces units - Wikipedia
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I replaced the badge for its original Infantry badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF beret, identification please !   IDF beret, identification please !  

Regards,

Jerry

Perhaps I should start my own thread on IDF soft headgear, but where to put it....

IDF para beret 1970's/80's, French made, has the more reddish tint rather than the more commonly seen maroon shade, but this colour is seen on pictures, try a web search.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF beret, identification please !   IDF beret, identification please !  

IDF beret, identification please !   IDF beret, identification please !  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Another nice one Jerry.

I wouldn't start a new thread, there's no natural home for a thread like this and I don't think anyone is mortally offended by it being here.

I'll have another one to add in a week or so that I picked up with a helmet buy.

Steve.

Steve

I have another to add, but no light to take pics until Saturday when I am next off work, plus some bush hats which I do have pics of, though should they go here or in an IDF headgear thread somewhere.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I would throw everything in Jerry, it's limited interest (for now) and any one in the future will get a one stop shop.

I'm going to add a link to the thread I started on the opposing teams head gear here as it may spark common interest.
    Arab army headgear from the Arab / Israeli wars

Steve.

?

Back to the beret Jerry, what type of fixing does the badge have?

It's an interesting beret, I think I'm correct in saying the maroon beret was used up to the 80's, then it went to the bright red when Givati and Nahal got there coloured berets. As you say yours is different colour to both being a French made one.
    As your picture shows mixed shades is not an issue, but this beret maybe for a specific unit within the brigade or the elite units.

Steve

?

Jerry I tried to PM, you there is a nice reasonably priced early Golani beret on ebay, I don't with postage if it is still a good deal but it would go nicely with the others you have.

Search - Israeli Soldiers Cap From The 70s

Steve.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Jerry I tried to PM, you there is a nice reasonably priced early Golani beret on ebay, I don't with postage if it is still a good deal but it would go nicely with the others you have.

Search - Israeli Soldiers Cap From The 70s

Steve.
    Steve, I could not find it using those search terms
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Back to the beret Jerry, what type of fixing does the badge have?

It's an interesting beret, I think I'm correct in saying the maroon beret was used up to the 80's, then it went to the bright red when Givati and Nahal got there coloured berets. As you say yours is different colour to both being a French made one.
    As your picture shows mixed shades is not an issue, but this beret maybe for a specific unit within the brigade or the elite units.

Steve
    The badge on the para beret is on lugs with an ad hoc pin, a card badge stiffener with hebrew writing on the other side, not taken it off to photograph it yet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF beret, identification please !  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast