Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982

Article about: I have two British Mark IIs acquired separately. One had a page of Hebrew newspaper stuffed in it (this was in Texas!!!) My question: Does the Israeli connection mentioned in the description

?

I have been looking for one of these for a some time, thicker version of the ‘Kasda’ liner with the three point chinstrap fitted. Similar to the Roger’s post #61 (page 7) but without the gray foam padding, this may be a bit thicker, (around 6mm and weight 800g with the chinstrap) and has amore pronounced lip.

The outer size is the same as the Tama made liner, has the same features s of the mold, it fits inside the steel shell but the chinstrap bales on the shell stop it seating properly. No stamps or marks inside helmet but I assume it was also made by Tama.

Not much known about them and seldom seen. Logical thinking would say they came between the Kasda and the OR201, mid to late 70s. Probably not good ballistic properties but I would be interested to know how it compares to the steel helmet.

Next to the standard Tama liner

Steve

Nice find indeed Steve is it possible this type was manufactured purely for export ,I know South African Reconnaissance Commandos (Recce – Special Forces) used these Israeli made fibre helmet's amongst other lightweight helmets and for example here is my Austrian lightweight composite helmet which were also exported in moderation to SA back in the mid 80's IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Regards James

Here is an MP Liner i picked up last year ,i will take more detailed pictures soon to add to the threadIDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Nice find indeed Steve is it possible this type was manufactured purely for export ,I know South African Reconnaissance Commandos (Recce – Special Forces) used these Israeli made fibre helmet's amongst other lightweight helmets and for example here is my Austrian lightweight composite helmet which were also exported in moderation to SA back in the mid 80's
    Hi James, good to see you back, you may be right about export, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't think they were made for long. the two I've seen for sale both came out of Israel, and with the difference between mine and Rogers, there is definitely more to the story.

Steve.

Thank you Steve and yes It's nice to be back here again buddy still playing catch up at the moment on what I've missed during that time ,It was pure speculation on my part but perhaps an export model was the most likely explanation on this lightweight 3 point liner model you show with a few known examples in Use by South African special forces to boot
    Regards James

Happy to share my Israeli Military Police helmet Tama liner to the thread which i picked up late last year ,the Head band is US in origin and looks to show an faint Vietnam war period ink marking on the head band (Head Band Liner Helmet DSA-69-G - ???? ).The overall shape of the liner is quite distorted for some reason and not sure if it was worn under a steel helmet during It's time of use or perhaps going by its overall appearance a worn as was stand alone pieceIDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Regards James

?

Nice James, I picked up a couple of these last year, a US liner and a Tama Liner. I posted one here.

Israeli M1 helmets, variants and clones

I also bought this M51 MP helmet off eBay. When I saw it I though the white circle on the back was from some unfortunate accident with a pot of paint, but when it arrived, it looks as if it’s been there some time and intentional. It may be a visibility marker – or just wishful thinking on my part.
    The white paint on the front is from a White line around the helmet that been painted over.
    The liner is a US one and not in the best condition

Steve.
    Last edited by Tinhat; 10-25-2023 at 11:00 PM.

?

I almost bought this but was shell only and with shipping it didn't pencil out. Unusual to see a MP in white, so worth posting here.

Steve.

Lovely find on that French MP Steve and agree it must be some sort of visibility marker, i have a french army used example with a similar marker to the rear shell using round paper stickers grouped together circular fashion
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2022 at 06:20 AM.
    Regards James

Steve i found that French Army example i mentioned and just wanted to show you the rear visibility markerIDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Regards James

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast