Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)

Article about: hallo collective wissdom, this is an insigne of a marine adrian M26 helmet that is for sale. The picture is of bad quality because I can not download this picture from the sellers site so I

Default Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)

hallo collective wissdom,
    this is an insigne of a marine adrian M26 helmet that is for sale. The picture is of bad quality because I can not download this picture from the sellers site so I made a picture of the desktop of my computer. But the general composition is clear I think.
    So I wonder if the insigne itself is authentic of repro. I hope someone can help me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Erwin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)   Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)  

Can’t really make a judgement call from such poor pictures, I’m not aware of these being faked but others will opine shortly.

Sorry for this, first i made a printscreen and copied it on a word document, but that extention is not accepted when I try to upload. I thought this picture would give enough detail to differentiate repro from authentic.

And for viewing the sellers side you need to log in...

This is the best I can do...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)  

Default better pictures after I bought this helmet

I followed my gut-feeling after I looked at some helmets with simular insignes for sale at some military shops and finally bought this helmet.
    So here are real pictures. The tissue of the liner has known better days and also the leather is fragile, but I like a helmet that shows his age. The last pictures show one tongue of the insigne on the inside.
    Thanks in advance for letting know your opinions.
    Erwin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)   Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)  

Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)   Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)  

Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)   Is this insigne (marine) authentic (french adrian helmet M26)  

Hello,
    the photos and the condition of the badge make it difficult to make a statement...but the badge is good if there are only 4 bars on the top of the anchor, to be checked because it is impossible to tell from the photo.

Now I understand why even these photos were not sufficient to determine if the insigne is real. So I made some at different angles. I think I see 4 bars, unless it is wishfull thinking. Thanks a lot for your interesting reply !