Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

IRAQI Kevlar helmet / Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

Article about: here's one of my latest helmet purchases, it's a Slovenian made Veplas MPC-1 the same type as used by IRAQ , it has some faded Arabic writing and still has the dust & dirt of Iraq in the

that is a fair comment about the kalashnikov battlegear and it makes sense to stick with the weapons the iraqi's are use too ,i wonder how many of these ak47's were captured from the previous soviet afghan war ,interesting to hear of the m16a2 in use within the iraqi army i wasnt aware of its use ,im sure the current situation out there has changed things quite a bit ,ive heard so far that isis has captured and using a lot of the iraqi equiptment and bdu's
    Regards James

here's an Iraqi armed with an M16A2

IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

Battle gear i fitted a spare US cover to my Veplas for display purposes like the one in the Training picture you posted on another thread some time backIRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

Thumbs up

hi James C

thats a perfect match to the soldier wearing the helmet in the photo , the foilage in your photo has a nice effect simulating some areas with vegetation, is your helmet also a bring back from the middle east?

'looks great in flush-fitting Choc Chip...I wonder what the covers actually are?...cut-down old M1 covers? trimmed PASGTs? local?

Either way, the edge piece makes a better fit than the elasticated edged piece of the helmets home nation.

IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

Thanks Battle gear i was really pleased with the results of fitting the cover and luckily had a spare Gulf war dated example without the foliage slits so it was perfect ,I reside in the UK and i'm lucky to have a sun trap back garden so do well for growing Palms , Agave plants and other succulents which really help set the mood as a great back drop ,I am pretty certain mine wasn't an Iraqi bring back as i picked it up here in the UK and i am sure if memory serves Ade (Composite ) helped me to make the purchase on the day by guiding me to a particular seller of these Veplas and other rarities at the War and Peace show around 3 years ago .Lovely Example Ade that cover is superb and not that common i imagine ,I honestly don't know what covers the Iraqi's used on there's but could well be old US stock perhaps

Default Another Iraqi Slovenia MPC-1 with Provenance

I was embedded with the 2BN Iraqi Intervention Force in 2005-2006. This Veplas helmet was discarded by one of my interpreters when I gave him a PASGT. The cover is made from an Iraq MOD contract uniform. I was sure happy when I found the tag.

IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2