Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iraqi M90 Helmet

Article about: Hey everyone, Just thought id share with you my most recent purchase. Iraq Army M90 helmet. I look forward to getting this and comparing the quality of it to the M80. I have read that the M9

Default Iraqi M90 Helmet

Hey everyone, Just thought id share with you my most recent purchase. Iraq Army M90 helmet. I look forward to getting this and comparing the quality of it to the M80. I have read that the M90 splinters and cracks easier compared to the M80 so im happy to get one in such good condition. Just a shame it doesn't have the rubber band to protect the rim. Does anyone know where i can get one of these?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Iraqi M90 Helmet  Iraqi M90 Helmet 

Default Re: Iraqi M90 Helmet

Nice one. Not all of these had the band when they were "liberated" by coalition forces. I have one with and one without the band. I would leave this one as is, and pick up another with the band. These are still available and still fairly inexpensive. I like these. Nice pick. Jim G.

Thanks for the info! This one didn't set me back to much and i'm really happy with it. I'm really getting into these Iraq helmets. They have a certain "feel" to them that i like. Plus they display well.

great looking lid complete with full liner and chinstrap ,id leave her be as it was found ,the band was originally added to stop the delamination of the corlon which was more visible around the rim ,i doubt there will be any further wear to warrant fitting one nows its in your good hands
    Regards James

?

One from Basra ..
    Nice to have net with it .... and !!!! traces of sand inside.

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi M90 Helmet   Iraqi M90 Helmet  

Quote by Gary J View Post
    One from Basra ..
    Nice to have net with it .... and !!!! traces of sand inside.

Gary J.
    Now you're just showing off . Might have to give mine to my 5 year old nephew to play with it in his sand pit......
    Just joking of course. Great Helmet and always nice to know the history with it

?

Very nice example of the M90, I have one of these , and like yours it it is minus the band.

The material is very odd, not like the M80 version, the quality of the M90 is very poor in comparison to the M80, but it was a locally produced helmet, I read somewhere that these were designed around mold's taken off a US M1, and they were sadly about as bullet proof as a teapot,but a classic shape nevertheless.

I have an M80/03 which again is a completely different material to these specific model's, congrats on sourcing this fine example.
    Opex.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice example of the M90, I have one of these , and like yours it it is minus the band.

The material is very odd, not like the M80 version, the quality of the M90 is very poor in comparison to the M80, but it was a locally produced helmet, I read somewhere that these were designed around mold's taken off a US M1, and they were sadly about as bullet proof as a teapot,but a classic shape nevertheless.

I have an M80/03 which again is a completely different material to these specific model's, congrats on sourcing this fine example.
    Opex.
    Thank you, im looking forward to it getting here.

?

Gary J, that is a very nice example, the net appears to be the type issued with the M80/03.

It's Definitely been a victim of the extreme heat and cold, excellent piece!

Lt. Tanya Brinkley of Atlanta displays an AK-47 assault rifle and an Iraqi helmet found in the wreckage of a destroyed Iraqi convoy near Kuwait City on Wednesday, March 6, 1991. Brinkley is with the 190th Military Policy Company. Throughout the area, thousands of pieces of Iraqi equipment ranging from helmets and backpacks to riffles and ordnances are strewn about.
    Attached Images Attached Images Iraqi M90 Helmet 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast