Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Iraqi para helmet.

Article about: Hi Group, it has been a Longggg time since I posted anything. I bought this as a polish para helmet and when it came today i thought the camo looked middle eastern, then saw the name, sand a

i think the key to all this speculation maybe lies in the flash to the rear of the helmet, lets face it none of know the name inside and the middle east is a big bloody place haha.. That may hold the key and let us know what regt-div this once belonged too..

?

The attached image is from the "Military Uniforms of the World' book as best as I can get. It states 'Iraqi troops' not specifically paratroops in the Iran-Iraq war.

Iraqi para helmet.

Historically from what I can find, Egyptian paras are normally shown with a standard Warsaw Pact steel helmet (prior to the alignment with the US), in jump training they use a padded type helmet, this photo is from 1983, I have another from 1952. I also have a photo somewhere of them using a Yugoslavian PC99.

Iraqi para helmet.

Syria, harder to find photos, Osprey 'Arab Armies of the Middle East Wars 2' has an images wearing Y strap Ssh helmet. The round white circle is a known rank indicator for Syria, but normally front and back. Sand painted would be unusual.

Impossible to tell for sure but I would lean to Iraqi. Either way good to see a discussion on Middle East helmets.
    Steve

Image from internet:

Iraqi para helmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2