Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Italain Camouflage Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone. I would like some opinions on this helmet. Looks like the liner is correct. I have seen green chinstraps but not the brownish color. Is this some thing the Italian did in the No

?

Default Italain Camouflage Helmet

Hi everyone.
    I would like some opinions on this helmet.
    Looks like the liner is correct. I have seen green chinstraps but not the brownish color.
    Is this some thing the Italian did in the North while fighting with the German.
    Once again I would greatly appreciate your oppinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italain Camouflage Helmet   Italain Camouflage Helmet  

Italain Camouflage Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Italain Camouflage Helmet  Italain Camouflage Helmet  Italain Camouflage Helmet 

MAP
    ?

The camo is not one I like. Looks scrubbed, unconvincing chips and artificial patina. Maybe others have a different view.

I'm weak on M33's themselves, hopefully others can help. But it too was my understanding that the straps were gray/green.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Certainly looks like shiny bare steel around the vent hole suggesting recent wear and abrasion.

Not a convincing period applied camo.
    D.

?

Default additional images

I would agree with your assessment I went back and found other helmets sold by the same individual.
    I notice the scrapes on top of both helmets. It looks like they went in one direction and scraped it coming back. The second helmet shows a faint chicken wire pattern.

He getting $200.00 and $300.00+ for these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italain Camouflage Helmet   Italain Camouflage Helmet  

Morning Marvin,
    without going into the evaluation of camouflage paint and scratches, I would stop first, I think it is a helmet refitted in the postwar.
    The type of chinstrap and the rounded air vents are decidedly post-war, the color of the internal painting, can vaguely remember the gray-green of the WW2 period, but corresponds with the shade used in the post-war period for the following military corps:
    Navy, Air Force and Guardia di Finanza (Finance Police).
    Obviously this is just my opinion.

Regards
    Roberto