Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Italian M33 helmet-1947-90

Article about: Goodmorning everyone, with this post I wanted to share with you some Italian M33 helmets of the post war period, used between 1947 and the early 90s. Identified unambiguously the manufacture

?

I have nothing to add except to say this thread is full of useful information and great examples of a helmet most of find difficult to piece together.
    Thanks!

Quote by ADH View Post
    Good Afternoon Roberto, Thank you so much for such I fast and definitive reply. Much appreciated. Would this be the late 1940s or later? Thank you again. Kind regards Anthony
    Hi Anthony,
    the "Guardia di Finanza" used these helmets probably from the 50s and until the early 90s, although no codified information is available, I can say from my experience that the hue of the shell color and flash type dentify this helmet as a refitted example from the 70s and 80s.
    however it is an interesting example and in excellent condition, much less common than the normal Army M33.

Regards
    Roberto

?

Default M33

Hello, what do you think about this one? Many thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 helmet-1947-90   Italian M33 helmet-1947-90  

Italian M33 helmet-1947-90   Italian M33 helmet-1947-90  

Italian M33 helmet-1947-90  

I think it could be a creative realization, done using a reconditioned post-war helmet; the rounded air vent-rivets are clearly postwar type.
    Some military corps continued to use helmets M33 with chinstrap similar to the WW2 model until the 1990s.
    Obviously this is just my personal opinion.

Regards

?

Hello, one stamp is present.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 helmet-1947-90  

Quote by pyper View Post
    Hello, one stamp is present.
    The batch number starting with "B" is quite common, according to many experts it identifies the manufacturer "Smalterie e Metallurgica Veneta", whose General Manager Nicolas Leszl should have been the designer of the M33.
    As with most M33s, the shell may have been produced in the 1930s or 1940s.
    Unfortunately, as I have often repeated, the existing documentation is very scarce and it is often based on opinions and experiences.

Regards

?

Sorry to bother you again, but are you saying that the air vents are post war but the shell could be ww2?
    "Mille Grazie" and best wishes! Cristian.

Quote by pyper View Post
    Sorry to bother you again, but are you saying that the air vents are post war but the shell could be ww2?
    "Mille Grazie" and best wishes! Cristian.
    Exactly Cristian,
    the helmets were subjected to periodic maintenance, which included the replacement of worn components and the repainting of the shell.
    To allow the replacement of the internal leather, it was necessary to extract the shock-absorbing metal structure of the liner.
    To do this it was necessary to remove the rivets / air intakes; which were not reusable and therefore had to be replaced with updated versions.

Regards
    Roberto

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4