Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian M33 Helmet

Article about: I bought this Italian M33 helmet a number of years ago, and thought that it is about time I learned more. I believe it is an original war era example, but am not certain. I have photoed all

?

Default Italian M33 Helmet

I bought this Italian M33 helmet a number of years ago, and thought that it is about time I learned more. I believe it is an original war era example, but am not certain. I have photoed all markings, so take a look and let me know what I have if you would, please. Thanks in advance! ~ Mike McClain

Italian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 HelmetItalian M33 Helmet

Hello, due to the type of rivet on the helmet, it is a pre-war M-33. They can have several rivet tabs on the inside: 2, 4 and 6 for those from World War II. See how many your rivets have on the inside of the helmet. It is the one that the Italian troops brought to the Spanish Civil War. The seam of the liner also helps to know what era it is from. The first ones had two parallel seams to reinforce the union of the liner, although yours seems to have it in Z. It has the typical paint of pre-war helmets, with a semi-glossy "grigioverde" (grey-green), which was used until 1940, although from the photos it seems early. The helmet brand is S84. The size must be stamped on the liner, it may also be on the inside of the helmet. They didn't have any marks in the center of the hull so I assume it was chipped rust. The Liner markings are from the manufacturer. The fact that it does not have metal rings on the liner indicates that it is also from early manufacture. The chinstrap is made of leather, as corresponds to the period of the helmet. You may find more marks on the chinstrap support. All the best.