Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Italian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identification

Article about: Dear all. I have an opportunity to purchase this m33 helmet (see pictures provided). Before posting I researched these helmets a fair amount since these are a minefield due to long period of

?

Default Italian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identification

Dear all.
    I have an opportunity to purchase this m33 helmet (see pictures provided). Before posting I researched these helmets a fair amount since these are a minefield due to long period of use and also by different countries. From the details seen I am fairly sure this is a ww2 piece but am not an expert. The details that speak in favor of war era in my opinion are:

- Fairly low number of manufacturer lot PP 29. But I can't find anything on PP.
    - From the pictures presented I think the vents are pre war type
    - The cloth under the leather is orange not yellow
    - Colour inside the helmet is pre war grey green. Outside it looks darker I think due to the light but I think it's grey green and not khaki or dark olive green. Opinions?
    - Z stich visible

So, did I learn right how a war or pre war m33 looks like or did I get it completely wrong?

Regards and thank you in advance
    D.R.

Italian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identificationItalian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identificationItalian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identificationItalian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identificationItalian ww2 M33 helmet? - confirmation on identification

?

I think you have got it right. The outside looks like it's been oiled, that would explain the color variation. It has some condition issues but has a bit of character.

Steve.