Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage?

Article about: Over painted British civil defence Mk2(2 holes) but liner looks Jewish production. The newspaper in the helmet indicates from the storage origin. Unfortunately, I have not found any photos o

Default Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage?

Over painted British civil defence Mk2(2 holes) but liner looks Jewish production. The newspaper in the helmet indicates from the storage origin. Unfortunately, I have not found any photos of such white helmets being used in conflicts. Haganah helmet?
    Would be interested in your thoughts on this one,many thanks.

Estonian

Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage? Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage? Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage? Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage? Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage? Jewish Brodie helmet,military or civilian usage?

?

This is a British MkII helmet shell with an Israeli made liner and strap. White painted helmets were issued to the Police for Civil Defense use in the 1950-60s.

Is there a date on the newspaper?

Steve.

Yes, 3.12.1970

?

Thanks, that's interesting, it could be when they were packed to go into storage. I can't find a photo of these in use, and I've looked a lot. I use to own one that came out of a store room in Police station in the 1980s.

Steve.

Thanks a lot Steve!

“Jewish” or Israeli?