Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???

Article about: Thanks very much Emile I will contact the seller today for more details. Regards Mark K

?

Default M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???

Good day gents have had this lid for quite a while now and was not going to post it tell I found a liner and a strap.But I have some questions is it a M-16 or a M-26 I would assume if it is a M-26 that the FR infantry insignia is correct as to the insignia it was on the helmet when I purchased it and I am making an assumpton it is a repo the insignia is made from metal and I have yet to remove it from the helmet to look on the reverse for any markings any and all opinions and comments will be welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???   M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???  

M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???   M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???  

Default Re: M-26 French Adrian Helmet or M-16 ???

Hello Mark,

It is a M26 all right! The fact that it is manufactured out of a shell and a seperate comb, with the tell tale double rivets is good ID. The Belgian M31 has hollow rivets to attach the comb. The French used split rivets, as in yours.

The insignia seems a reproduction to me. I think this because of the fact that the helmet shows considerable wear and tear, as opposed to the insignia. The insignia's originally were produced separately and mostly had a different shade of olive green, than the helmet. But the age should be approx. the same.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

I would agree with you on the insignia but if I remove it would an original be marked on the back side I wonder if it could be a case of someone replacing or adding original insignia to an old shell I am shur that is just wishfull thinking thoe.

Regards Mark K

no use removing the badge, they dont have any markings inside, better to leave it on the helmet, it could be an original added later, it's normal for the paint color on the badge to look mismatched to the helmet, somebody probably took the liner out to fix another helmet that needed a liner

I have a nice M26 in size Extra large with badge and chin strap but no liner, I have been looking for a repro liner but nobody makes the WWII French M26 liner that I know of?

looks good helmet mark but your gonna have a hard time finding a liner just not made

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    looks good helmet mark but your gonna have a hard time finding a liner just not made

tom
    I was thinking of buying a reproduction WWI M1915 liner and adapting it to fit in my M26 shell, all it would take is attaching the metal clips to the liner to fit the M26 shell

French 1915 Adrian Liners [100271] - $29.95 : Schipperfabrik, The World's Finest Historical Reproduction

M1915 liner

M26 liner
    Last edited by battle gear; 09-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.

On French ebay repro liners are offered for euro 30,- with 8 clips. look good. Black leather.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    On French ebay repro liners are offered for euro 30,- with 8 clips. look good. Black leather.

Cheers,
    Emile
    I tried searching and couldnt find anything?

?

Thank you for the information I will try to search out a liner original or repo if I can not find a real one. If I have any luck finding a manufacturer of repo ones I will let you know .

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast