Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 with odd rivets?

Article about: Hi.. another mystery helmet for me. Any ideas muchly appreciated. Excuse the terrible picture - is all I have.

?

Default M1 with odd rivets?

Hi.. another mystery helmet to me.

Any ideas muchly appreciated.

Excuse the terrible picture - is all I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 with odd rivets? 

Can't help here, pic is rubbish!

maybe one of these? link from The Esteemed James C

iraqi m80

Not a SKorean/Iraq used M80, definately. But it *does* look like a ballistic plastic helmet rather than a steel M1-type shell. Given it is in (?) Australia, might be Indonesian - there is a domestic helmet industry. And at least one of their types was derived from the widely exported SKorean original.

?

Here are additional 'bad' pictures of the helmet. I'm just mostly curious has to be what is/was.
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 with odd rivets?  M1 with odd rivets?  M1 with odd rivets?  M1 with odd rivets?  M1 with odd rivets? 

OK, now I am reasonably sure it actually is of Indonesian origin. See the first entry on this page - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets INDONESIA, INDONESIAN helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index - the rivet pattern and heavy rim are the same as far as I can see.

See also here Indonesian M80 Helmet where you will find (eventually, it isn;t obvious) another similar helmet.

The thing is the original SK export had the very distinctive triangle of rivets for the chinstrap at each side bottom, and as far as I can tell from your photos we're looking for something which doesn NOT have that feature. Interesting thing.