Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M36 Bulgarian helmet being sold as a M1916 German helmet!

Article about: Ebay does have a number of measures put in place to prevent fraud. You can report both the buyer and individual listing, but as is the case most of the time, nobody wants to be That Guy that

Default Re: M36 Bulgarian helmet being sold as a M1916 German helmet!

Ebay does have a number of measures put in place to prevent fraud. You can report both the buyer and individual listing, but as is the case most of the time, nobody wants to be "That Guy" that reports things.

And truth be told, an inproper description is not always done in an effort to dupe the buyer, often the seller is just not an authority on the item he or she is selling and it would be too time consuming for them to do a ton of research on an item they are not familiar with....usually the description makes this point.

I've sent a message to more than one seller, letting them know they have ID the item incorrectly, quite often the description gets change as a result, with a Thank You message in return. Of course, if you have a known seller and "expert" of a particular type of item and they are still Id'ing incorrect, that is a pretty good sign that he or she is trying to dupe the buyer.......REPORT IT!

The way I see it, Ebay is only as good as the buyer and incorrect ID's go both ways. Plenty of valuable treasures have been walked away with because the seller though he or she had a $5 "Buy Now" trinket that was worth a bundle.

In the case of the topic item of this thread, is this a known militaria seller and if not, has anyone contected the seller to let them know the item is improperly ID'd?

I haven't so far, and I doubt anyone else has, But I'll try and contact them later!
    Sent them a message explaining that it is in fact an M36 Bulgarian helmet and that they go for around £30.

i believe this seller knows exactly the model of helmet he is selling ,in his description he gives a brief history of german helmets yet cant identify a bulgarian m36 he has taken clever photos of the profile to decieve and when he was found out he removed the listing if that was me i would of just revised the listing ,maybe im totally wrong

?

He removed the listing because he wasnt going to get his asking price through E-BAY, so he will try elsewhere until some twit buys it who hasnt done any research either, thats why so many people get stung

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2