Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

Article about: Hi, mates, wanna show you this, (pretty worn ...), M53 -helmet, marked with the insignia of the BePo Hamburg, the, Bereitschaftspolizei der Hansestadt Hamburg. This, particular, helmet shows

Default "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

Hi, mates,

wanna show you this, (pretty worn ...), "M53" -helmet, marked with the insignia of the BePo Hamburg, the, Bereitschaftspolizei der Hansestadt Hamburg.

This, particular, helmet shows the "Vereinfachtes Innenfutter 31" and the "father" of this, particular, helmet is the Wehrmacht M40 -helmet.

No makers mark in the rim of the dome !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg   "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg  

"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg   "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg  

"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg   "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg  

some more images of the helmet:
    "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

Nice condition, lovely Hamburg decal too,

Out of interest, where would I find one like this for sale? I spend most of my time hunting WW2 items.

Cheers

Jamie

Nice helmet! Thanks for showing.

@jamie
    They are not easy to find. They get rarer and rarer. Some dealer or ebay could an option to get one.

Quote by ogpsycho View Post
    Nice helmet! Thanks for showing.

@jamie
    They are not easy to find. They get rarer and rarer. ...
    Indeed, many of such pattern Police helmets of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland are still/were "converted" in(to) "original" Wehrmacht helmets ...
    Sometimes such "transformed" helmets were, (continue to be), sold as "original" Wehrmacht helmets or, were/are used by reenactors/reenactor groups.

Also helmets of the Bundesgrenzschutz, (and, helmets of the SEK´s, manufactured in the Bundesrepublik, after the M38 -pattern), are still/were destroyed in/after this manner always and evermore ...

Here´s an Polizeihelm of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, showin´ the helmet plate / coat of arms, of the city of Nuremberg, (the first one, I´ve ever seen ! ...):
    "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

Here´s the "upgrade", some "phantasy" -markings, stamped in(to) the leather of the liner of the Helmet of the Polizei der Stadt Nürnberg:
    "M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

Fortunately enough, the original finish of the helmet isn´t destroyed due to a "new" painting ! ...

I like the "Nürnberg" helmet, but not the decal and the eagle stamp.

The color, the liner, chinstrap and both stampd (59 & M-1943) are original. I own a identical helmet. You find this combination (color, chinstrap, stamps (size & M-1943) in excact this configuration only with this shell type. The one and only difference you can find is the "Perforation" of the liner."

Nice helmets and thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by ogpsycho View Post
    I like the "Nürnberg" helmet, but not the decal and the eagle stamp.

The color, the liner, chinstrap and both stampd (59 & M-1943) are original. I own a identical helmet. You find this combination (color, chinstrap, stamps (size & M-1943) in excact this configuration only with this shell type. The one and only difference you can find is the "Perforation" of the liner."
    Would you show your helmet ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast