Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M53 german helmet. Orginal or asian made copy?!

Article about: Hi, what do you think about this helmet? Is it original german helmet? It doesn't have a signature on metal but has strange stamp M-1943 on liner... I tried to compare it with the other helm

Default M53 german helmet. Orginal or asian made copy?!

Hi, what do you think about this helmet? Is it original german helmet? It doesn't have a signature on metal but has strange stamp M-1943 on liner...
    I tried to compare it with the other helmets. The helmet has in diffrent place ventilation holes (IMO more backwards?) and bad made edge ...
    M53 german helmet. Orginal or asian made copy?!M53 german helmet. Orginal or asian made copy?!M53 german helmet. Orginal or asian made copy?!M53 german helmet. Orginal or asian made copy?!

it looks like an original German M53 police helmet to me , has the correct type of liner , chin strap , rolled edge as used on these type of helmets

MAP
    ?

While I am not very familiar with the M-53 helmet it was my understanding that they had no liner rivets as the liner was attached from the top of the helmet. Also, I think they were all marked with a maker and size on the shell. Further, they had brazed on swivel chin strap bales (like the US M1). Early versions had no vent holes but later versions did. Lastly, the liner while looking similar to an M-53 has some differences (besides the afore mentioned way to attach it). Basically all the ones I've seen have the rear seam un sewn. This one is sewn.

Again, I don't know that much so happy to be corrected on any of this. I'm sure there were many variations.

Here is an example of a ventless example

GSG9 & M53 helmet

Edit: Well there you go. I just corrected myself using the great forum search function. Something everyone should try!

Take a look at these two threads. This appears to be a police version of the M53 and not a BGS.

"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

Is this a West German Police or BGS Helmet?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi there,

this is an M1951 (not 1953) helmet of the West-Berlin police in olive paint.

look here:

Helmet M1951 - Police of Berlin

Many greetings

Its a good example of the post war German helmet, and everything is as it should be. Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve