Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Model 8 Experimental Helmet

Article about: Greetings all, I come today seeking some assistance on an experimental WWI helmet: The Model 8. From my research, I can gather that around 1,300 of these were produced by the Ford Motoring C

Cool The "new" Model 8

Hello all,

Well, it's been a couple years since this post was last updated so I thought I'd come today and share the latest and greatest. It turns out the Model 8 I purchased was more of an impulse buy than anything else. Back in 2020, I searched daily for one (for months) and the one I ended up buying was literally the only one within my reach. I pulled the trigger but quickly grew tired of it because the exterior paint had been stripped down and no longer resembled the original. I just wasn't happy with the look and ended up doing the unthinkable... I had it restored. Let's just say it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Eventually, after a few months of owning it, I sold it.

I kept my eyes and ears open for another one to surface but simply nothing came up. I was, however, quite persistent in the hunt and finally connected with a collector who had multiple in his private collection. He very kindly agreed to sell one to me, at a price we both felt comfortable with, and I just received it in the mail a few days ago; it took about three weeks to arrive after purchasing it and that wait was brutal. It now sits in a protective glass display case in my reading room but I snapped some photos of it before it landed on the shelf. I'm so happy to have this extremely rare helmet in my small collection. It's just one of those pieces that I had to have and I feel lucky to own it; especially with that beautiful sawdust exterior paint... I love that!

I'm content for now but I'm sure something else will come along soon that catches my eye yet again.

Thanks,
    KD

Default More pics to share

Took the No. 8 out of the case to show a friend so I thought I'd snap a few more pics to any who were interested.

Happy holidays everyone!

MAP
    ?

Very cool!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3