Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

Article about: What’s the top of your Most Wanted list? Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to find a number of Collection-ending helmets….but the collecting continued….’funny that…… I guess my lates

Mr "ogpsycho"....that means nothing to me...although I get the "helmet" bit! I hope you find your "SA-FJK"...whatever it is! :-)

?

This is on the list for me, DDR 605, I would accept any but prefer a link to the Syria / Lebanon - don't judge me it take all sorts.

Steve

This would be the one artifact that I would really like to have for my collection.

A colander or cooking pot made from a German helmet after the war.

My wife's family grew up in the Third Reich in Ludwigshafen and my wife remembers seeing one of these colander pots/strainers in the attic of her Aunt's house, (Just within the past 10 years I may add). The last time my wife visited her relatives (2 years ago, most of the stuff in the attic had been tossed out, including the colander).

Both my mother in law and her sister were members of the BDM and at one time their uniforms were also in the attic but those too have all been thrown away some years ago..

A helmet colander would be a nice addition..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most wanted helmets - what's yours?  

Hi Smitty,

They are still around so now and then. I even saw M38 Fallschirmjager helmet re-used like this.

Cheers Paul

My most wanted helmet is one of these:
    A Swedish M26 used by the Norwegian Police Troops that were trained in Sweden and sent back into Norway during the end of the war. I missed the opportunity of a life time when I saw one of these being sold for a mere 35 USD. The next day someone bought it an resold it on ebay for around 300. Man, was i punching myself in the stomach for that kerfuffle.

TWS
    ?

Smitty,

I see them offered for sale now and then. I thought I remembered where one was listed, but I just rechecked and it's a Stahlhelm converted into a chamber pot!
    Last edited by TWS; 09-06-2020 at 03:27 AM.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you everyone..

I hope to find one someday

Smitty

?

hi Rakkasan In our country (Czech Republic) there are various modified helmets from Germany. see pictures
    Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

@Composite

SA = Sturmabteilung
    FJK = Feldjägerkorps

I bought my 1.th book about steel helmets in 1993. 10 Years later I bought the second Band of the new helmet book "Vom Stahlhelm zum Gefechtshelm" and saw the same helmet. A unkown model used by the SA-Feldjägerkorps.

?

Default Helmet colander for sale

Smitty try here, it's 150 euros for a colander, but you can finally scratch that itch! Ersatz Militaria | Shop[51318]/0/

- - ------- - -

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast