Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

my french helmets

Article about: here's my collection of french helmets from ww1 adrian ,ww2 adrian ,model 51 ,and two Opération Daguet f1's the progression from inner tubes as a way of tidying up and holding the helmet edg

Default my french helmets

here's my collection of french helmets from ww1 adrian ,ww2 adrian ,model 51 ,and two Opération Daguet f1's the progression from inner tubes as a way of tidying up and holding the helmet edge moved to car door edging over time and most likely off a Citroën 2 cv the brown cover is known as salade and is reversible to green from tan, on my not to distant want list is the spectra composite "Vive la France!"my french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmets
    Regards James

Default Re: my french helmets

Hi James.
    I have always liked the Adrian helmets.
    They are "traditional" looking.
    Great lids.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Another nice collection mate!....

?

Ah, French helmets my absolute favourite genre of Military helmets.

Great display/collection as ever James!

a little update on the french connection ,i mean french collection ,i just purchased a nice little gap filler for the display im sure it will look great ,ill post a picture once it arrives a small clue is it displays the RF flaming bomb/grenade device ,watch this spacemy french helmets
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    a little update on the french connection ,i mean french collection ,i just purchased a nice little gap filler for the display im sure it will look great ,ill post a picture once it arrives a small clue is it displays the RF flaming bomb/grenade device ,watch this spacemy french helmets
    Look forward to seeing it as i do with all of your collection

?

Ah, you are such a tease James !!!

I look forward to seeing this gap filler of yours

my latest aquisition finnaly arrived (thanks for the idea opex your example inspired me )allthough not a combat helmet as such its still an nice addition , its a gendarmerie m51 which i suppose is the french version of military police but im sure it covers a broader range than this ,it has 2x fixed bails on the shell the liner is dated 1966 and the shell 67 ,unfortunately different makers but i would be interested to know if this was a common practise ,as you can see it displays the flaming RF insignia in white metal and gives some continuity from my models 15 and 26 it looks to be unissued due to the condition my french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmetsmy french helmets
    Regards James

Can i be a pest and ask to see an inside shot of the F1's please? Do they have a circular pad or one with a star shape centre?

Sorry to be a pain....

- - Updated - -

Oh, and very nice addition!

hi vicky no probs they are one of each with circular and star crown pads this one is my operation daquet version dated 1987 i cant put my hand to the other style through in my archived photos but im sure you will know the style its not much different to this one really regards james my french helmets
    Regards James

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast