Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?

Article about: Hello everyone! Today, I bought this helmet on the flew market, if Im right, the shell is made by Schlueter. Does anyone knows more about this helmet? Which era or something like this?

Default Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?

Hello everyone!

Today, I bought this helmet on the flew market, if Im right, the shell is made by Schlueter. Does anyone knows more about this helmet? Which era or something like this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?   Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?  

Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?   Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?  

Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?   Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?  

Need help! I think this is a M1 Helmet? Which era and is it realy a M1 or an europe clone?  

Late WW2 Schleuther with flexible bales. Liner is post war. Sweatband is incorrectly fixed to the nape strap. I believe the helmet cover is post Vietnam era.

Cheers,
    Emile

Cover 1975
    Liner 1953

Shell is approximately mid-1944 (front seam, flex bales) with original paint, the chinstraps are Vietnam-era replacements. The liner is Korea-era, made by Capac on the old Westinghouse molds. If the helmet band doesn't have the reflective pieces at the back ('Cat's Eyes') it's Vietnam-era too, the cover is ERDL-pattern and seems to be dated 1975.

In short, a WW2-era helmet that went on to have a long career in the military, till it was finally replaced by a K-pot!

Chinstraps goes before the "60s" (no anchor symbol on it).

Hello,

the chin straps without the anchor symbol, made of blackened metal, were manufactured by north & Judd from 1967 onwards.

Regards