Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying this Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Liner

Article about: Hello! I need assistance identifying this Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Liner, It looks rather unusual to me. It looks like a post-war to me but I'm definitely not sure. There is also some w

?

Default Need help identifying this Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Liner

Hello! I need assistance identifying this Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Liner, It looks rather unusual to me. It looks like a post-war to me but I'm definitely not sure. There is also some writing inside but I don't know Japanese unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not able to provide any more information about the helmet liner you have pictured. My civil defense helmet has the similar 3 point attachment and similar type of webbing used to secure the helmet. The headband is different on mine, more like a burlap bag.

?

These come in many different variations, I've not seen on like this but it could be original. It does look to be in excellent condition but so does the shell. The tapes look original to me.

It might be better posted on or moved to the Japanese section, with a photo of the full helmet and the writing on the liner, that may give some clues.

Steve.
    Last edited by Tinhat; 08-04-2022 at 03:44 PM.