Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New member with Italian helmet question.

Article about: New member with Italian helmet question... I've tried to research this helmet (see photos), and believe it is a WWII Italian M33, but the Liner and Chin Strap are not the same as the standar

Default New member with Italian helmet question.

New member with Italian helmet question...

I've tried to research this helmet (see photos), and believe it is a WWII Italian M33, but the Liner and Chin Strap are not the same as the standard M33. Additionally the front of the helmet has two holes that appear to be for a military insignia to be attached to the helmet. There is a T59 stamped on the metal liner strap, but no other marking that I can see. Can anyone help identifying this helmet? Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New member with Italian helmet question.   New member with Italian helmet question.  

New member with Italian helmet question.   New member with Italian helmet question.  

MAP
    ?

The liner and strap are certainly not Italian.

These helmets had an extensive post war service life being used by a number of countries (Albania, Greece, etc. etc.)

I am no expert but the only country I've seen using a badge on an M33 was Spain. No sure how it was attached to the helmet but always thought it was a brazed on slot and not screwed on via two holes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello,

this helmet with no ventilation openings and only three rivets and the two holes in the front for pinning a badge is a dress version of the M33 for me.

She reminds me more of one dress Version "Elmetto M33 Brigate Nere" with holes for attaching a skull.

Regards

Hi everyone,
    I don't know why the two front holes were made, however from the type of paint and components used, I believe it is a Finnish M33.
    In the 30s Finland bought many of these helmets, partially delivered incomplete and for this reason they were assembled with local components: liner, chin strap or rivets.

Regards
    Roberto

MAP
    ?

Excellent info Roberto!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)