Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Next up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the Rank

Article about: Next up is my Fez Modello 38. Its a bit unique in the the velvet felt is very furry (best word I could think of at this time). Was part of the Fascist 9 Legione. The Gold wire embroidered 'f

MAP
    ?

Default Next up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the Rank

Next up is my Fez Modello 38. Its a bit unique in the the velvet felt is very "furry" (best word I could think of at this time).

Was part of the Fascist 9 Legione. The Gold wire embroidered 'fascio' badge is in nice shape as well.

Can anyone help with the Rank or maker. Anyone know? Pic quality of the "Maker" is poor.

btw...not sure if this is the right thread as this post and a couple of my others are not helmets....but the only one I saw with Italian Headgear. Let me know if I should stop or please point me in the right direction.

Next up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the RankNext up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the RankNext up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the RankNext up..Italian Fascist Fez Modello 38 of the MVSN. Recognize the Rank

?

Don't know anything about the rank, but I do know that is a real nice fez.

MAP
    ?

Yes, I love it. Just started collecting Italian WWII (kind of full up on German stuff for now, well...not really).

Bought from a friend of mine who had 3 or 4 of them. This was the coolest of the lot IMHO. Check out my other posts of the Pith Helmet, UNPA Adrian Helmet and 3rd regiment Bersaglieri cappello di feltro. Those are cool too (with the Fez and cappello di feltro being my favorites)

a nice fez.

MAP
    ?

Harryamb2: Do you know the Rank? NP if not.

If I remember you one is the equivalent of a Sargent in the Italian Army.

MAP
    ?

Thank KM

Thats what I was thinking. I was not 100% as it's a bit different than the one in this book (see link below - page 194 of PDF)

The example (pictured in black and white printed in 1943) in the book has 3 strips but one strip is smaller than the other two.

https://archive.org/stream/TME30-420#page/n193/mode/1up

But current Italian insignia appears to indicate that this may be sergeant major.

File:Rank insignia of sergente maggiore of the Army of Italy (1973).svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Nice Centurione rank fez. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Rich. So Centurione/ Captain rank. This sound right. Found an ebay link with a similar one (finally).

FEZ 109^ LEGIONE- mvsn- WW2-ITALIAN FEZ-FASCIST-CCNN-MACERATA-FASCIO-DUCE | eBay

I can rest.

?

You should find some reference books. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast