Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Czech/Slovak Ssh Helmet

Article about: It's probably the weirdest Czech/Slovakia Ssh helmet I have found. It seems to have a later Vz32/34 liner and a vz53 chin strap. I have attempted to reference this helmet modification and ha

?

Default Odd Czech/Slovak Ssh Helmet

It's probably the weirdest Czech/Slovakia Ssh helmet I have found. It seems to have a later Vz32/34 liner and a vz53 chin strap. I have attempted to reference this helmet modification and have not been successful. A very odd piece, not sure if authentic or was modified by an individual. If anyone is familiar with this helmet modification/version it would be greatly appreciated!

Odd Czech/Slovak Ssh Helmet Odd Czech/Slovak Ssh Helmet
    Last edited by Trwade; 01-03-2024 at 02:06 AM.

?

There is no liner, the pads are leather or syntetic leather?, i personally doubt this would be real. Could be done on older helmet, that some newer stuff was used, but is not origin probably. Black paint could indicate a Civil defence/ Fireguard units.

?

The 4 pads are incredibly similar to a post-war Czech VZ.32 I have in my collection, The pads are synthetic and are the same material and design as the pads in my vz.32 but are a lighter color. If this helmet is authentic I fully agree it has to be some civil helmet. I can't seem to find any authentic examples of this helmet in any books or collector forums however, it's an odd piece.

Odd Czech/Slovak Ssh Helmet

?

only explanation would be the helmet was brought by CS units from USSR to Czechoslovakia in 1945 and later as non standard reused in civil home defense, there were many Vz.32 and german helmets with black paint over, but the liners were period normally, the strap and pads would be real much later when syntetic, probably in early 60ies. Or it was made by a collector in that fashion.

?

In case its a normal CS Vz.52 helmet it could be reused but from the form of side borders it looks more as early sovjetunion helm. Checo 53 is unreal designation it was called Vz.52.
    Čs. přilby vz.52 s přejimaci značkou z roku 1951. RARITA - HARD TO KILL
    You have there most real a Ssh40 helmet with adding 52 chinstrap but the lower one are for sowjet pads not for cs.
    soviet ssh40 helmets
    Last edited by AndyB; 12-30-2023 at 02:43 PM.

?

Thank you for this information, I have another Vz.52. But it has the standard Vz.53 Liner. Quite a few variants of this helmet so I really appreciate the information!