Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

Article about: I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject . So I th

?

Default Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world

I know a few of us discussed this some time ago and as Airborne helmets are one of my favorite sub catagories to collect and I have not seen another thread dedicated to the subject .
    So I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's Airborne/Parachutist helmets and or HSAT's and of course please include any of the ground force helmets that as well double as parachutist helmets.
    They can be war time and or post war alike and from anywere from around the globe and composites are welcome so lets see what you gents have been hiding away on your shelves.

Regards Mark

1944 Dated BMB HSAT
    Canadian HSDR post war converted to an HSAT
    Post War Italian M 42/60 Paratrooper helmet
    Chinese GK-82 Airborne Helmet

Default Para / Airborne helmets of the world

here are some of my cold war era para helmets, the helmets include:

Polish Wz63 , Israeli M1 , West German M61 Luftlande truppen , French F1 / M78 para first model with older style chin strap with snaps instead of velcro, and a Vietnam era US Airborne M1 steel helmet with camo cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

?

Thanks for contributing BG the German M-61
    Luftlande truppen and the French F1/M78 paras are two I need to add to my shelves still I very much like the way you have displayed the FJ with the double net combination.
    I will post up a few more examples in the next day or so as time permits.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark here are some of mine both wartime and post war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world   Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

I wonder if the Israeli M1 helmet w / 3 point chin strap was ever used by the Airborne / Paratroops? judging by photos it seems the IDF paras usually used the WWII British design airborne helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world  

?

Many thanx Kradman you have some lovely HSAT's in your collection and an early fiber rim is on the top of my list for my next major purchase.
    BG I spent about an hour this morning searching the web looking for an image to support that the Israeli M-1 with three point harness was indeed used by Israeli paras and as of yet have been unable to find one.
    I will visit a couple of Israeli military forums that I belong to and see if any one can add further information and or I can source an image from one of the sites to support it's use.

I did find a few supportive images though that would suggest that the Orolite 201 was indeed used though.
    Israeli Mk II HSAT converted from British war time Mk I HSAT
    1953 Dated BMB HSAT with Canadian provanance

Regards Mark

My only para helmet is this French 1950's example, (type 202?).

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Many thanks for posting your example Jerry I have been eyeballing the one for sale at the Guild but IMO they want to much money for the example listed there so for now the hunt continues.

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Many thanks for posting your example Jerry I have been eyeballing the one for sale at the Guild but IMO they want to much money for the example listed there so for now the hunt continues.

Regards Mark
    I had not seen it Mark, but just looked and it does seem pricey for one of these. Condition is good but still it seems a lot.

PM me your address and I'll gift mine to you if it is good enough for your collection, I owe you one anyway so this might be a start.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

WOW !!! Jerry I don't know what to say of course I would be honored to display this example in my collection as IMO it shows signs of definately being a field used example and has a very nice weathered look about it. For the life of me though I do not know how you think that you owe me one .

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast