Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Article about: Polish - DDR- NVA -WZ-63 Paratroop Helmet I have been wanting to add a Polish W-63 parachutist helmet to my collection for some time and have been biding my time until I could source an exam

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Now that be one minty helm BG the WZ 63's do seem to be all over the place on price as I have seen some sellers list them for stupid amounts of money and must be considered quite rare by some US sellers .
    Many thanks for adding the image I love the fact that he has some Hessian slammed under his net to tone down the semi gloss paint.

Regards Mark
    Thanks Mark, the only reason I bought this one is because it was very cheap and I was looking for a larger size, most of them are smalls - mediums

I like having helmets that would actually fit my big head, I always look for the bigger sizes if possible

Cool Wz63 used by Iraqi paratroopers / Republican Guard

check out this unusual Iraqi used desert tan painted Wz63 helmet from the Iraqi Militaria Forum.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet   Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet  

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet   Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet  

?

Nice lid BG I would be properly ecstatic to have this helm on display on my shelf.

Regards Mark

Quote by battle gear View Post
    are these soldiers wearing Polish Wz63 helmets? I dont see any air vents on the side?
    No, IMO it´s not an wz.63 helmet actually.

It should be a dispatch riders helmet made of plastic, used by "Regulierer", and, "Melder" with removable visor.
    Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    ... Small numbers were produced without the vents. Otherwise identical to the standard model. Not even the Polish collectors actually know why or when. So far as I know it is the only real variant of this helmet - unless you count the fact that DDR-issued examples didn't have any ink-stamps in the crown (that's a real minor variation!).
    Wanna show you this, (polish manufactured), NVA issued wz.63 helmet, (it came with a lot of other NVA stuff).

This, particular, helmet show´s not any vents !

The Polish maker´s mark stamp in the dome:
    HUTA SILESIA

Size of the helmet: 60
    Also detactable, the technical control (check) stamp.

The, original, camouflage material in the helmet net is made of fragments of a Czechoslovakian camo net, made of weatherproof spritz fleece.

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Quote by battle gear View Post
    looks like it's seen some action? or at least some field use and training maneuvers, here are some early photos from NVA Manoever Oktobersturm 1965 of the Wz63 in use.
    Polish Para´s, nice image !
    Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

I always like to put on a "wz.63." / 1963 pattern polish parartroopers helmet to my collection.

These helmets are not difficult to obtain and are not expensive either.

These helmets were probably not very popular in the troops, since they are relatively heavy and fit very tightly on the soldier's head.
    But that doesn't matter to us collectors of helmets, after all we don't have to wear them on duty!

Here are some pictures of a wzor 63 I received yesterday.
    This helmet was manufactured at the Huta Silesia plant in September 1985.
    Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmetPolish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

Quote by Reibert View Post
    I always like to put on a "wz.63." / 1963 pattern polish parartroopers helmet to my collection.

These helmets are not difficult to obtain and are not expensive either.

These helmets were probably not very popular in the troops, since they are relatively heavy and fit very tightly on the soldier's head.
    But that doesn't matter to us collectors of helmets, after all we don't have to wear them on duty!

Here are some pictures of a wzor 63 I received yesterday.
    This helmet was manufactured at the Huta Silesia plant in September 1985.
    I sometimes wear mine on my electric scooter as my crash helmet , I had to remove the felt padding under the leather flap to make extra room to fit comfortable , the wind is very noisy while riding my high speed WOLF KING GT PRO scooter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast