Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish WZ 68 opinions please

Article about: Hello all, I received this Syrian used Polish AS 68 a couple of days ago, from a contact I have in Russia. I have bought a few helmets off him including a 6B47 . I payed 35 dollars for it in

?

Default Polish WZ 67 opinions please

Hello all, I received this Syrian used Polish wz67 a couple of days ago, from a contact I have in Russia. I have bought a few helmets off him including a 6B47 .
    I payed 35 dollars for it including postage.
    I've researched it on the internet but quite frankly can't find anything about it or indeed seen anything vaguely like it, so would value opinions on it.
    There is no stamping on the inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WZ 68 opinions please   Polish WZ 68 opinions please  

Polish WZ 68 opinions please   Polish WZ 68 opinions please  

Polish WZ 68 opinions please  
    Last edited by Bendy; 04-08-2020 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Tis a WZ67 not wz68

Well, considering it's a Wz 67/85, it could have been used by the syrian army in the Yom Kippur War. But considering that Wz 67's sell for around 20 USD, then I would consider this a good buy. Better if it is an actual war bring back.

?

That a nice helmet, it’s really hard to concrete information on this stuff.

My opinion – it is only that and open to contradiction, otherwise we will never build a knowledge base.

Wz67 should have stamps on the inside of the liner tongue, which hopefully will date it. In theory it could have been used in the 1973 war, but I have Wz50s manufactured up to 1972 and this are the type ‘normally’ found accredited to this conflict. The model number isn’t necessarily the date of first issue but the date the design was started, cut ins vary based on open orders in process.

The camouflage I’ve not seen before on any images of Syrian helmets, that doesn’t mean anything much as there are very few photos of Syrian soldiers. The flag is horrible, it’s difficult to see any army unit wearing that as a formal badge.

My guess would be that this from the recent conflict in Syria when anything and everything has been used, and the flag providing and identifier for which side the wearer is on. It could also be from the Syrian army in Lebanon in the 80s.

I like it a lot, and I think you got a bargain.

Steve.

Interesting Piece Bendy ,Love the textured camo finish on this one i have an M1 with the Polish liner with a similar thick textured paintwork which i haven't quite nailed the orgin of use so far as yet ,Lot's of speculation though Salty Middle East Relic
    Regards James

that was a very good find, I like the crude camo and flag, another cool helmet to go on the shelf with your other middle east helmet collection.

Really pleased to add this one to the collection so thank you Bendy ,looks like the flags are for the Syrian opposition showing the three red stars and in use since 2011 the national Syrian flag has two green stars as far as my research has shown at least ,i checked over the liner and found a date stamp of 1968Polish WZ 68 opinions pleasePolish WZ 68 opinions pleasePolish WZ 68 opinions pleasePolish WZ 68 opinions pleasePolish WZ 68 opinions pleasePolish WZ 68 opinions please
    Regards James

?

Nice add James, I do like that helmet. I would also agree, the flag (first Syrian flag after independence from 1930–58 and then again from 1961–63) is used by the Syrian National Coalition opponents to the current Syrian Government.

Steve.