Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Post-war modified M40?

Article about: I think this is the right category to post this, so here it is. I saw this helmet on the internet, and am wondering what it is exactly. I believe it is a M40 helmet with a foreign-post war s

Default Post-war modified M40?

I think this is the right category to post this, so here it is. I saw this helmet on the internet, and am wondering what it is exactly. I believe it is a M40 helmet with a foreign-post war suspension put into place. I know it is not original to the helmet, as one can clearly see the bolts of the suspension system are left unpainted. I'm curious as to if this helmet was perhaps modified and used for post-war purposes. I have little knowledge on German helmets, but this one really perplexed me.
    Post-war modified M40? Post-war modified M40? Post-war modified M40? Post-war modified M40? Post-war modified M40? Post-war modified M40?

?

Default Re: Post-war modified M40?

It`s not German,It`s Spanish.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

What he said!

Well that sure shows what I know! After researching them for a bit I know now that one can tell the difference by the liner system and sharper edges.

?

The Spanish one also has 2 extra liner rivets and a little clip on the front.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

this model is known as the Spanish Z-42 / 79

this new type of suspension was adopted in 1979 and used until the late 1980's

There's a real difference between the Spanish Modelo Z and the German M53 family. OK, they look superficially the same, but there the resemblance ends. On that basis the PASGT looks like the M35. (Well, it does, actually, doesn't it.) There used to be a lot of rubbish talked on ebay by sellers claiming it was a German design made on German machinery and no doubt wear-tested on German heads, but thats all nonsense. It was designed and made in Spain in the 1940s, and as said above refurbished in 1979 with the liner you have. In use for a surprisingly long time.

Go to ESPAOL Z 42 and ESPAOL Z 42 for more information. Or .: World War Helmets - Espagne :.