Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)

Article about: Hello everybody, I have 5 French looking helmets I need help Identifying. I'm going to post them one after the other with the same title and a post number (like this one is Post 1). So, firs

Hi Bruno,

A few photo's of my Adrian.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)Ques Collection -- French helmets? ( post 1)

A very interesting thread as i know very little about these helmets. Bruno your English is great by the way!....

Hello

Thanks a lot Gunny

Steve this is a nice Adrian. I am wondering if the helmet wasn't "narowed" manualy on the sides to better adjust the size or form of the head.
    This is quite common and shows this helmet has a real history.

It has its first type of liner so early model. What is the color of the wool? Usualy they used used uniforms. Colors could they give some indications on the period (civil wool, dark blue or red and lately grey bleu)

Best regards

Bruno

Hello Steve,

Looking back to the helmet, the artillerie emblem is broken.
    That said it seems to me their is a small diffference of color just below the insigna. Was the helmet repainted over a broken inigna?

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

The wool liner is dark Blue, and yes, the emblem is broken. The whole helmet and emblem has been re-painted AFTER the damage to the emblem, but I am quite satisfied that it has been period applied. In which case the damage to the emblem must have happened during the Great War.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Hello Steve,

Definitively a very nice piece full of history. I would guess an early type with its initial bright color then repainted, as most of them, to hide this too visible blue.

Bruno

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3