Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about Italian Lippmann helmet

Article about: Hi all- so a collector friend of mine asked me to post this Italian helmet of his and he says: “I just bought this italian lippmann helmet and was wondering what theater used this camo sty

Default Questions about Italian Lippmann helmet

Hi all- so a collector friend of mine asked me to post this Italian helmet of his and he says: “I just bought this italian lippmann helmet and was wondering what theater used this camo style.” Thanks.

Questions about Italian Lippmann helmetQuestions about Italian Lippmann helmetQuestions about Italian Lippmann helmetQuestions about Italian Lippmann helmetQuestions about Italian Lippmann helmetQuestions about Italian Lippmann helmet

Nice helmet. Reminded me of Ernest Hemingways book "A Farewell to Arms"

I would also recommend to you a book that I came across recently:
    100 ANNI DELL’ELMETTO ITALIANO 1915-2015
    Autore: Giovanni Cecini, storia, Ufficio Storico dello Stato Maggiore Difesa.

Sadly Italian language only but well illustrated and as the title says it documents the history of Italian helmets from 1915 onwards. Very nice book!

?

that is nice. thanks for sharing it with us.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I would also recommend to you a book that I came across recently:
    100 ANNI DELL’ELMETTO ITALIANO 1915-2015
    Autore: Giovanni Cecini, storia, Ufficio Storico dello Stato Maggiore Difesa.
    When you say you 'came across' this book, do you mean you have an actual printed copy? And if so, can you please say where you got it.

Hello,

First of all, I premise I am not an expert of M16 Adrian helmet (this is, in my opinion, the only name. I haven't ever heard the term "Lippman" used for such helmet, I think this is the term only of the additional plates that could be installed in it). I think PapaStalin knows well what is my interest.

That said, the helmet. It is very nice, but in my opinion this is a M16 that was refurbished in the 1920s, because of the rivets. You can see the rivets installed to fix the liner, they should not be there in a ww1 m16 Adrian.

The color...well it is some kind of camo, it could be from ww1, 1930s (colonial war?) or ww2. But it is interesting that the camo is chipped in the rivet's area.

A nice "transitional" helmet in my opinion.

And for the fellow collector Greg Pickersgill: check your inbox ;D

Best regards
    Gabriele

Nice helmet. I agree the official name of the helmet is "Elmetto metallico leggero modello 1916" in Italian, light metal helmet model 1916. The word "light" is because of the weight difference between French type model 1915 helmet and Italian made 1916 helmet

maybe used during Spanish Civil War?