Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian K6

Article about: 'thought someone might be interested....

Default Russian K6

'thought someone might be interested....

Russian K6Russian K6Russian K6Russian K6Russian K6

MAP
    ?

Nice! These are quite hard to find??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've looked at a couple of those and the similar types of which there seem to be more every time I look. It makes me wonder how it is that they seem to keep coming up with changes in their kit. What about designing one that does the job then stick with it for a bit?

Is that one of the titanium types? One would need fairly robust neck muscles even in an Internal Security role. I think I prefer to avoid being a sniper target in the first place

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

You're right re constant changes to kit...try keeping abreast of their camo patterns....they're almost as bad as Mk2 lettering! ;-)

Nice find Ade and very reminiscent of the Swiss TIG and Austrian Ulbrechts produced PSH -77 ,the wearers field of vision must have been severely restricted but i suppose the protection offered to the head area was a small price to pay .Am i correct in saying these are called the Altyn or could it be a successor along a similar design ,one thing i would like to know is if these K6's are a Soviet Union period helmet or post dissolution

The Altyn had a Comms system in the helmet….it’s been described to me as the K6 with Comms