Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940

Article about: Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940 production first began on these particular helmets in 1940 they were intended for general distribution in the Portugues Military and seen active servi

?

Default Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940

Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940 production first began on these particular helmets in 1940 they were intended for general distribution in the Portugues Military and seen active service right into the 1970's
    They weigh in at approximately 1280 grams we can determine at a quick glance that this helmet is a second production run example as the air vents on the side of the helmet body are machine pressed..
    As opposed to an inserted aluminum hollow rivet/grommet that was used on 1st production run examples this was done for the simplification of manufacturing ..
    This example is still sporting it's original wartime, chinstrap, steel liner band, and three leg leather liner with padding and has a nice original brown khaki finish,
    The helmet is named to a Avila and has the word 1o Cabo inked on the liner as well..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940   Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940  

Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940   Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940  

Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940   Second Generation Portuguese Model 1940  

MAP
    ?

Nice Mark

Nice to see something a bit different.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some nice postings on one of my favourite helmets here

Portuguese M40 Helmet - questions

and here

Portuguese M940/63 as used in Angolan War of Independence & Mozambique

Collectors note - there are essentially three different versions of this helmet, with three other sub-versions (oh you know what I mean...). Infinite variety of paintjobs too, for those who are entranced by that sort of thing. Not much in the way of cloth addons though, disappointingly for some.