Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Article about: Hi, mates, wanna show you this, relic, SEK, (Spezialeinsatzkommando), helmet of the Bundesland Baden-Württemberg, showing a magnetic shell. Such, German, police helmets aren´t that easy to

Default SEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Hi, mates,
    wanna show you this, relic, SEK, (Spezialeinsatzkommando), helmet introduced by/in the Police of the Bundesland Baden-Württemberg, showing a magnetic shell.

Such, German, police helmets aren´t that easy to get so I´m really glad I was lucky to purchase this, particular, one, despite it´s bad condition, actually !

As far I´ve learned it´s an altered/modified variant of the Fallschirmjäger helmet 60.
    Such pattern SEK helmets only were used in Baden-Württemberg, as far I´ve been told.

The manufacturer should have been Römer probably ?
    Various pattern helmets were presented by Römer in November 1957, as far I was told by a fellow collector.

The helmet is personalized.
    You can find two names, (written with a ballpoint), in the liner:
    Schelling, and, Meier SEK (SEK stands for Spezialeinsatzkommando).
    SEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Nice and interesting helmet! Hard to find period pictures or informations about these helmets too.

Kind regards
    Basti

Hello,

the SEK, including the one in Baden-Württemberg, was set up in 1974 and subsequently equipped.
    The helmets are therefore all produced after 1974.

In the GSG 9 and other SEK, you first resorted to model developments, here the M38 steel helmet of the paratroopers, the Wehrmacht.
    (The police also had a slightly modified M35 steel helmet and the BGS had the modified M 1951 steel helmet.

Here, the manufacturers suggested that there would be appropriate test helmets for the airborne units of the young Bundeswehr in the 1950s. Including in the shape of the M38.

However, Baden-Württemberg acquired a different shape of helmet.
    This is an M1A1LL (LL = airborne units) with a cut-off lower edge, to which a rubber pad was attached (a similar version was also being tested by the Bundeswehr from 1956-1958) The M1A1LL was already being tested from 1958 onwards Introduced in 1959.
    The inner lining is the regular lining of the paratrooper helmets of that time.

Regards

Quote by ogpsycho View Post
    Nice and interesting helmet! Hard to find period pictures or informations about these helmets too.

Kind regards
    Basti

Hi, Basti,

Here´s an image, you can find in the www.

cutline:
    Sondereinsatzkommando SEK, Göppingen 2007
    SEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Wanna show you another SEK helmet of the federal state of Baden Württemberg, I received a couple of days ago.
    This, particular, helmet is, also, pretty worn/carried, but, it´s in a better condition as the helmet I showed first.

This helmet is personalized also.
    You can find two names, written with a biro in the leather of the liner.
    One of the names I cannot identify, but, the other name very well, ( MARTIN TRAUTZ ) !
    You can find this name in the www.

The size of the helmet says 58

The snap of the chin strap is marked with ORIGINAL PRYM 6

As far, I was told, the SEK of the federal state of Baden Württemberg had a troop strenght of, (roughly), only, 60 policemen.
    SEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Some more images of that, seldom seen, helmet:
    SEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

maybe as additional information.

The inner lining with the black pads was built into helmets from 1965 to 1998.

Last, but, not least, my very first helmet of the Spezialeinsatzkommando (SEK) des Bundeslandes Baden Württemberg I´ve got for my collection.

It´s an, almost, untouched example in pretty nice condition !
    SEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

What the heck ! ...

How many of them are still outthere ? ...
    Are such helmets re-manufactured for the gatherers market actually ? ...

Received another one yesterday.
    The helmet shows traces of usage, and, it´s personalized.
    SEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

SEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden WürttembergSEK Helmet Baden Württemberg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast