Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Serbian M-59/85

Article about: I have wanted to add one of these Yugoslavian M59/85 to my collection for some time I am rather fond of the design of the helmet body this particular example is still sporting a partial stic

?

Default Serbian M-59/85

I have wanted to add one of these Serbian M59/85 to my collection for some time I am rather fond of the design of the helmet body this particular example is still sporting a partial sticker type badge of the Army of the Serbian Republic.
    The liner is and suspension system is loosely based on examples found produced by the US company Riddel.
    These helmets are commonly referred to as NE44's which is actually an abbreviation of Neretva (River in the former Yugoslavia) and 1944,
    It does display rather well and opens up a hole new door to collecting as this variation of helmet has seen extensive service and remained in use right through the 1990's during the Balkans' Civil Wars and were used in Serbia /Croatia and as well by Yugoslovia with many different variations of national shield's and or specific service decals and stickers can be seen applied and I have as well seen the occasional camo painted and or netted and scrimmed examples surface in the marketplace.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Serbian M-59/85   Serbian M-59/85  

Serbian M-59/85   Serbian M-59/85  

Serbian M-59/85  

Believe it or not I see them quite often at flea markets in Ontario for around 80cad$.
    Interesting helmets and like you said they come in quite a variety of markings.

?

Thanks George I am really happy with that bit of news I paid the princely sum of $12 Cdn and $35 for shipping

Regards Mark

That's a deal. I also saw the Yugo Para helmets going for 250cdn$ at the flea market.

?

Jeez George that seems awfully pricey for one of those Yugoslavian Para helmets.

Regards Mark

very nice mark i have at least two of these steel models and the later m89 composite ,yours would be air force issue ,i wonder if there is red star under that decal yugoslavian beret help required

?

Thanks James for the info on it being Air Force issue it is contrary to the information that was posted on Brendan's Helmet site though so I will have to delve a little deeper now.

Regards Mark

Here are my two, one has the sticker decal with the 2 headed eagle and the other with the communist star. They came with the camo covers and I purchased them from a French guy for €15 each a bargain I couldn't resist.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Serbian M-59/85   Serbian M-59/85  

Serbian M-59/85   Serbian M-59/85  

Serbian M-59/85  

hi mark sorry i dont follow ,is there a link to brendans mate

?

Hi James I will have to post it later in the day I can't add the link from my smart phone.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast