Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Serbian or Yugloslav Helmet?

Article about: I picked this up at a flea market. Though the helmet has webbing straps, it lacks the sweatband. If anyone knows where I can pick up a sweatband, hopefully in the US so I don't have to mortg

Question Serbian or Yugloslav Helmet?

I picked this up at a flea market. Though the helmet has webbing straps, it lacks the sweatband.
    If anyone knows where I can pick up a sweatband, hopefully in the US so I don't have to mortgage my soul to pay for the shipping, I would appreciate it GREATLY.
    The helmet seems to have been stored in a less-than-ideal garage for a while, showing corrosion in many places. But is otherwise in pretty decent condition, without dents or damage.
    I looked up the different helmets on this forum, and it seems to have differences with the Yugoslav helmets in the nature of the webbing, or the shape of the webbing clips fastened to the helmet. But what do I know? Most of you here have forgotten more about these than I'll ever know.
    There are no markings or embossings that I could find, and I believe the red star and paint job to be original.
    What is it? And can I get a sweatband/liner for it?
    Thanks a bunch!

Serbian or Yugloslav  Helmet?

JNA, (Jugoslovenska narodna armija / Југословенска народна армија ), Yugoslav People´s Army

YUGOSLAVIA

Yugoslavian red star M59/85

Thank You!
    Any idea where I can get the missing parts of the lining?

Honestly, I think you'd be better off finding a complete example - which should not be too hard - rather than searching for replacement parts, which are unusual and specific to this helmet type. Large quantities of these were put onto the surplus market a few years ago.