Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanish M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Article about: Hi Guys, thought you might like to see my Spanish M1 - Helmet Brigada Paracaidista, it's a mix of origins, but I have been assured it is a genuine Marine helmet, and not a put together. But

?

Default Re: Spanish M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Hi Brad.

Many thanks for looking and for your comments Mate.

Again it shows just how popular the M1 style was, I hoped to demonstrate another M1 variant, so I'm glad you like this one!

Hi Opex, I hope you're doing well!
    This post hasnt been active for a while but Its the only one I can find that looks very similar to the M1 Ive recently picked up. Which I believe may be an American shell (although I cannot find clear makers marks), with the same German M56 liner as yours. I have attached some photos to share.

Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Thanks so much for sharing yours, its helped me immensely in pin pointing what I may have.
    I do have one question and that is whether anyone could provide me with insight on whether I should try and remove some of the green paint on the inside of the shell to reveal whatever name is below? In one of the pictures I tried to make it as clear as I could, there is a john something written in what I imagine was that white writing commonly found in liners. I
    Im really curious, but If it will devalue the helmet then Ill just leave it as is.
    Thanks again and all the best
    Nick

Ill also add really quick since its not fully evident in the picture, the shell is a rear seam. Apart from the corked paint that remains there are no clear indicators as to whether its WW2 or American.. There seems to be something on the underside of the beak, where a mark of some sort should be, but its very illegible. Thanks

Hello,

it's not really a West German M56 liner.

This is an export product from the company Schuberth Werke Braunschweig (SW), which was manufactured until the 1990s.

Regards

Hello there,

first of all nice helmets. I find the ways in which the Spanish modified their M1's are always neat to see.
    secondly I noticed the markings on the inside of nickswalker's shell are really similar to one I have. dose anyone know what the purpose of these markings were? my best guess for the painted one is 2-IMI85

Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.
    Spanish  M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

the liner is not a former West-German M56 Liner.

He has other markings.

These liners were also manufactured for export until the 1990s.
    This is about such an export.

SW is the abbreviation for diue Schuberth Werke Braunschweig

This number in the circle is the year of manufacture. Is that an 83? If so, then in 1983.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2