Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)

Article about: I have had this Modelo Z for a number of years and I have been busy doing a little reading up on the different variations to the liners and the paint schemes that were applied to the shell .

?

The paint on your Modelo Z helmet looks in my eyes to be the same color and shade IMO it stands a very good chance of being an Army refurbished earlier helmet do to the brass grommets used in the air vents and at the same time the liner was likely replaced if memory serves me correct there were three separate variations to the liner band securing rivets the round headed brass ones as shown on my example a larger steel liner retention rivet with a slight dome as shown on your example above and a larger flat steel rivet which I believe was the last variation used this of course is only my opinion and if wrong would happily be corrected.

Regards Mark

Default Spanish M42 - 79 with bayonet

here's my Spanish M42 - 79 with a Spanish M1964 bayonet [Machete Bayoneta Modelo 1964]

the helmet appears to have the later flat steel type air vents, not the earlier brass type

Knife bayonet for use on the 7.62 mm. NATO caliber CETME assault rifle. Also used on the FR–7 and FR–8 training rifles.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)   Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)  

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)   Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)  

?

Thanks for adding your Modelo Z BG and nicely displayed with the bayo I might add .
    It is probably safe to say that yours would be the latest variation that has been posted to the thread so far do to the pressed steel air vents, are the liner retention rivets dome shaped or flat they appear from the images to be flat and a little larger than the other examples posted so far.

Regards Mark

the liner rivets are the flat type the same as GeneralPutnam's in post 10

?

Thanks BG I thought possibly they were the larger ones.

Regards Mark

Default modelo z maybe?

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)

Hey, resurrecting your thread from a few years back, I hope you don't mind. I recently aquired this (what I think to be) modelo z helmet, painted black for what I assumed was to disguise it as a german helmet. But it seems to have some sort of brick red paint under neath, not sure what that may have been. From the research I've done its got the brass seperate vent holes which may make it an earlier model, and although in rough shape the liner band is all leather and all the liner pins have rounded heads and seem to be brass to the best of my knowledge.
    The liner is in rough shape, there is only one tattered pad left under neath, and no string. Someone has also carved their intials into it, maybe the owner but I kind of doubt it. Anyways, not sure what info can be added, just maybe whether its even a spanish helmet, as its missing the badge clip, and also doesnt seem to have any remnensce of green paint.
    I could not find anything else that had matching liner pins, the finnish helmets were similar, and some austro hungarian helmets were also similar but the modelo seemed to match best.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and can always post more pictures.
    cheers and all the best.

?

Quote by nickswalker View Post
    Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)

Hey, resurrecting your thread from a few years back, I hope you don't mind. I recently aquired this (what I think to be) modelo z helmet, painted black for what I assumed was to disguise it as a german helmet. But it seems to have some sort of brick red paint under neath, not sure what that may have been. From the research I've done its got the brass seperate vent holes which may make it an earlier model, and although in rough shape the liner band is all leather and all the liner pins have rounded heads and seem to be brass to the best of my knowledge.
    The liner is in rough shape, there is only one tattered pad left under neath, and no string. Someone has also carved their intials into it, maybe the owner but I kind of doubt it. Anyways, not sure what info can be added, just maybe whether its even a spanish helmet, as its missing the badge clip, and also doesnt seem to have any remnensce of green paint.
    I could not find anything else that had matching liner pins, the finnish helmets were similar, and some austro hungarian helmets were also similar but the modelo seemed to match best.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and can always post more pictures.
    cheers and all the best.

nickswalker have a look at the link below you will find it informative and helpful in your quest for knowledge cascoscoleccion.com/espana/espana.html

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2