Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover

Article about: It took me a number of years to add an example of a Spanish Model Z-42/79 to my collection so was quite pleased when this well worn example showed up earlier this week.. Production started o

?

Default Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover

It took me a number of years to add an example of a Spanish Model Z-42/79 to my collection so was quite pleased when this well worn example showed up earlier this week..
    Production started on these in 1978 and they were distributed from 1979 and seen service in to the late 1980's they were manufactured by the Trubia National Artillery Arsenal...
    The helmet body is in a light khaki green and was only produced in one size and they weigh in at approximately 1150 grams and were intended for general use in the Spanish military..
    The real prize here is the not often seen two sided Amoeba camouflage pattern cover this particular reversible variation is thought to have been used by the Spanish Marines..
    The pattern was first introduced into service between 1959 and 1960 the m59 camouflage pattern the brown amoeba side which (some sources call this rocoso or "rocky" pattern) saw considerable use until the middle of the 1980s when its use began to decline.
    Spanish sources indicate, however, that limited use continued with some units until the middle of the 1990s. The pattern consists of black and translucent red & olive green amoeba shapes on a tan background with overprinted flecks of off-white,
    The Spanish green amoeba side of the cover is a variation of the M-60 boscosos (woodland) camouflage pattern and saw use between 1960 and the 1970s. Using essentially the same design as the M-59, this print version consists of black and translucent red & green amoeba shapes on a pale green background with overprinted flecks of off-white.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover   Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover  

Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover   Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover  

Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover   Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover  

Spanish Model Z-42/79 with two sided amoeba camouflage cover  

Lovely Example Mark ,i still need to add this model type myself at some point ,the chinstrap if i am right looks to be closely copied from the US M1c .
    The camo cover is such a nice find and looks superb on display
    Regards James

?

Cheers James it is funny how things work out I found the cover 1st so then had to add the Model Z of course as I needed something to display it on..
    And yes the straps are reminicant of the type found on the M1-C

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark on the strap detailing and i just realised it also has what looks to be A yokes similar to the M1c too ,The cover is a real gem and if i was displaying this piece would most probably go with the green amoeba side
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks Mark on the strap detailing and i just realised it also has what looks to be A yokes similar to the M1c too ,The cover is a real gem and if i was displaying this piece would most probably go with the green amoeba side
    We are of the same mind James I chose to display it with the green amoeba side out..

Regards Mark