Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss M/18

Article about: Hello, I recently bought this Swiss M/18 for \\$30. One thing I noticed is that the strap that goes around the cover of the helmet has a different camouflaged pattern than the cover which is c

Default Swiss M/18

Hello, I recently bought this Swiss M/18 for $30. One thing I noticed is that the strap that goes around the cover of the helmet has a different camouflaged pattern than the cover which is contrary to what I usually see on these helmets. Also, the liner pads have darkened. I believe this has to do with age but I looked around and saw that most M/18 liners are more brown/tan than this. I don't believe that this is an early M/18 because of the lack of a M mark on the back of the inside of the helmet and the lack of a liner band in the back. And I believe that the cover is post WW2 but I am not sure on when the helmet was used/made. Any help would be appreciated. Swiss M/18 Swiss M/18Swiss M/18 Swiss M/18 Swiss M/18 Swiss M/18Swiss M/18 Swiss M/18

Tough call on these as I have one with the original green paint underneath but with a '56 dated liner! the cover in my opinion is for the M71 helmet.

Nice helmet reneblacky! Your helmet seems to have some similar aspects to mine such as the 3/4th liner band and black inside paint. I checked under all of my liner flaps but I didn't find a glimpse of a date or anything. But thank you very much for helping me identify the cover.

Hey I'm not an expert on these, here's a few of my displays I've done in the past.

I looked closer, your cover is for your helmet, well for the 18/40, note the foliage band.
    World War Helmets - Casque Modele 18/40

That is what I thought was odd about the helmet because the foliage band is part of the reversible swiss cover on the summer camo but it was put on a different cover. And I took a closer look at my helmet and noticed that there are small chips of pale green paint like your helmet you showed me. Again reneblacky, thank you for all your help so far.