Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unique French/Belgian M15 Helmet with British Liner and Unusual Badge! Identification Help!!

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently picked up this very interesting First World War M15 Adrian helmet off of eBay and let me tell you, I am stumped. Heres why: 1) I'm not sure what to make of the bad

sorry, there are 3 times the same ... not possible to delete

?

OK. I am going to suggest that these are the mantled (the drapery) civic arms of Durbuy, in the Belgian province of Luxembourg. Clue - the lion is not crowned, and I maintain that the civic crown is slightly stylized to facilitate stamping of the metal. What it is doing on the helmet is another matter.

Unique French/Belgian M15 Helmet with British Liner and Unusual Badge! Identification Help!!

Hi there,

i think Kingdom of Bulgaria between the wars. Already because of the lion shape.

There are also military stamps in a similar form.

Regards

?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hi there,

i think Kingdom of Bulgaria between the wars. Already because of the lion shape.

There are also military stamps in a similar form.

Regards
    I hope I'm not getting everyone bogged down in heraldic minutia - the thing is that the Bulgarian lion tended to wear a crown prior to the abolition of the monarchy in 1946. If, as I assume, the arms are topped with a representation of a civic/mural crown then it represents some municipality. Occam's razor - the simplest, most obvious indications tend to be the correct ones - suggests a French/Belgian Adrian helmet has it's origins in that region. At any rate, the whole ensemble is a chimera cobbled together for Ebay or some private diversion and not an official purpose. Tracking down the actual badge would help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2