Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

United Nations Dutch M53 helmet?

Article about: Around december I purchased several things from a former Dutch soldiers' son, his father served in Bosnia & Kosovo with the United Nations. I recently got a bit of interest in this M1 he

Question United Nations Dutch M53 helmet?

Around december I purchased several things from a former Dutch soldiers' son, his father served in Bosnia & Kosovo with the United Nations.
    I recently got a bit of interest in this M1 helmet clone and I tried to discover a bit more about it with the help of other collectors / helmet connoisseurs.
    All the information I got was that this is a possible fake as the decals don't match up with what Dutch UN soldiers had (they had UN on the side, not on the front) and some other mysterious hints to it being not original and miscellaneous comments by more reliable and unreliable sources.

Can anyone kindly help me out with my research so I can puzzle this helmets’ history together?
    Here's some images of the M53:

United Nations Dutch M53 helmet?United Nations Dutch M53 helmet?United Nations Dutch M53 helmet?United Nations Dutch M53 helmet?

I also purchased a CVC helmet, former Yugoslavia handbook, KFOR handbook: A field ready reference publication from July '99, two maps of transport routes within former Yugoslavia used by the United Nations, Bosniak Army patch, and his original UN beret.
    Last edited by GP5Guaranteed; 01-14-2020 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added please ;)

'may be a bit old fashioned but "please" / "thanks" often lubricates replies here

welcome to the Forum by the way....nicely photographed

?

I think the Dutch were using composite helmets in the former Yugoslavia so it may be from an earlier UN operation.

Dutch soldiers in Yugoslavia during the peacekeeping used the German B826 Schuberth helmets, those were issued in ‘93 and I believe mine is from 1992 (according to stamps on the brim)