Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What helmet cover is this?

Article about: I came across this one. The seller is notorious for mashing things up, so don't mind the Danish M48 helmet it has been put on. But what cover is this? It's some 3-colour Flecktarn variation

Default What helmet cover is this?

I came across this one. The seller is notorious for mashing things up, so don't mind the Danish M48 helmet it has been put on. But what cover is this? It's some 3-colour Flecktarn variation made in a plastic material. My first thought is that it is something that belongs on a composite helmet or a commercial product - Any help that can sate my curiosity is much appreciated

What helmet cover is this?

/Jesper

*arhg .. sorry - posted this in the wrong forum, please move to world helmets
    Last edited by JesperS; 09-22-2022 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Wrong forum

M84 Danish camouflage pattern - M/84 Pletsløring

In service 1984–present
    Used by Danish Defence

The M/84 camouflage pattern (Danish: M/84 Pletsløring, lit. 'M/84 spot camouflage'), is the former camouflage pattern of the Danish military. The M/84 is a derivative of the Flecktarn B pattern produced by the German firm Marquardt & Schulz. Using the same shapes and pattern, the number of colours was changed from 5 to 3 – choosing olive green, light green and black to better match the colouration of the Danish woodland environment.

M84 camouflage pattern - Wikipedia
    "Per Ardua"

Yes - I agree that the pattern looks like M84 (even if the colours seem too drab). But this is not a cover for the M96 Gallet and it's made in "raincoat" fabric

Interesting cover which suits the M48 helmet well and looks to be made of a rip stop material ,i agree with your first thoughts Jespers leaning more towards a commercial made cover than Military issue and am basing that on all the reference photographs i have seen of the Danish M48 helmet in use being fitted only with the standard mesh helmet net with troops wearing the M84 uniform ,It does have that distinctive Danish trait of the material sections being cut away for the chin strap loops though so perhaps it has seen some military use at some point ,thanks for sharing