Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Why do WW2 Finnish helmets often look like this

Article about: I have come across quite a lot of WW2 Finnish helmets of German origin that seems like they have been refurbished from a relic state - I was wondering if any of you have information about wh

Default Why do WW2 Finnish helmets often look like this

I have come across quite a lot of WW2 Finnish helmets of German origin that seems like they have been refurbished from a relic state - I was wondering if any of you have information about why this is?

/Jesper

?

Props for Zombies... movies?

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one - 'refurbished from a relic state'. Money in it, no doubt, ticks all the boxes except SS or paratrooper.

Same with most Helmets coming out of Latvia and Ukraine all original shells and everything else just repro parts to make the Helmet more complete.

Nothing Finnish about this helmet apart from the name added later , as said relic German helmet with newer liner and added name

Actually those are 3 different helmets - I was just wondering about the amount of those at the moment

Hello,

I came across this type of helmet once with a very damaged shelel and paradoxicaly remaining leather liner (that said not new but not too bad compared to the shell).
    It appread that it came from graves that were maintained and cleaned up by German authorities.

Best
    Bruno