Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmet

Article about: Hello!i want to show you my čačak helmet, not complete, but still have some part of liner plus one pin is missing. How i know this kind of helmet is quite hard to get. it was produ

Default Yugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmet

Hello!i want to show you my "čačak" helmet, not complete, but still have some part of liner plus one pin is missing. How i know this kind of helmet is quite hard to get. it was produced in Kingdom Yugoslavia after license of czeck helmet wz-32. Still some ink stamp visible on rest of the liner. what do you think?Yugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmet

take care

Jan

Default Re: Yugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmet

It is most definitely a "copy" of the Wz. 32 helmet, as you say.
    Did anything at all differ from the standard Wz. 32?

Regards,

thanks!don't know, hope to find more in this forum....

interesting - I was under impression that Yugoslavian troops wore Adrians in 1941. Any photos of actual helmets in use ?

?

Interesting...you learn something new everyday.

Here's a picture I came across after a quick search, and to the link I borrowed it from.

Yugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmet

The Yugoslav Improvement Mod

Fascinating. I can certainly say I did not know the Yugoslavs used the vz32 under any name, and I did wonder whether this was a confusion with post invasion pro-fascist troops being issued with seized stocks of Czech helmets. But no. A few minutes checking does show that the Yugoslavs did indeed use this helmet before the outbreak of war, along with a startling variety of other types. Whether it was locally made under licence, I remain somewhat unconvinced. Is there any proof of this anywhere? The Czechs exported a lot of military hardware.

Hello Greg. i don't have proof, but some helmets have ink stamp of factory in town "Čačak" which is in Serbia today and i belive that this type of helmet was produced in Yugoslavia under licence.

The Cacak helmet was produced in Serbia under the licence of the czech helmets but it´s colour was green. They were worn by serbian soldiers that was under the german puppet goverment. Those forces were called Nedic or Ljotic forces.

?

My M39 Çaçak is in distinctly ruinous condition, but one apparent distinguishing feature is that the rivet attaching the chin-strap lug has no washer, unlike Czech-made vz.32s.

Roger

Yugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmetYugoslavian M39 "Čačak" helmet

If you want to restore yor helmet, have a look at this site. They might have what you are looking for.

Collect-Helmets | Reproduction items

Cheers,
    Emile